Just an inquiry...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Trump has realized that immigration issues are not what he wants to leave behind as a legacy... his delay of an appeal to SCOTUS and his realizing the wall is going to be a lot more difficult is giving him a lot to think about. If he is going to bring jobs back he cant do it with these distractions (his thinking)..I think we will see a gradual letting go of his immigration postures

three weeks in and his first major scandal

and a growing perception that this may warrant treason (probably a stretch but it's the perception that matters)

It seems as though his devoted followers don't care what
he does. I wonder how long it will take to filter down
through Fox news to the multitude. I've really begun to
enjoy Hardball...no mercy!

I'm not interested in taking a side openly, but I do have a question. Trump is holding a campaign rally in Melbourne, FL this weekend for the 2020 race. Has any other standing president held a rally so quickly? He's less than a month into his term... :confused:

I'm looking for an answer, not political rants. Thanks!

Tom, he's in some trouble with his constituents and I think
he's trying to shore up support by making a "show". It
won't spook Democrats, but it might spook the Republicans in congress if a huge crowd shows up.

It's not an election rally. It is a rally to promote his "campaign" to make America Great Again. It's the same as Obama did to promote his agendas. Presidents interacting with the people.

It's an election rally. It is being run by his campaign organization.

On the day of his inauguration, Trump filed paperwork with the Federal Election Committee indicating a possible re-election bid in 2020. Trump wrote that his filing, “does not constitute a formal announcement,” but as a result, he is able to collect donations.

President Barack Obama didn't file his re-election paperwork until April 2011, 19 months before the 2012 presidential election; President George W. Bush didn't file until May 2003, 18 months before the 2004 election.

Mark is correct, it is a re-election rally. Trump is a great campaigner. But as President?... He needs constant adulation and cannot accept any reality other than his own.

OMG! I just watched some of his Florida rally. Surrounded by oximoronic placards like "women/blacks" for Trump". Basically, it was a rhetoric-fest for his syncophants! I cant believe he actually said he was tired of those who bragged about failures. !#! This from a man who lost so much money he doesn't have to pay taxes all while claiming he is smart!!# We are screwed! :(

Back