Is OZ still in Business?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now someone else on here said weed. So I thought that was it. Now that post is gone. But anyhow maybe he should.

That is not what I heard he has planned. Nor, did I suggest it.
Eric, after you said Terry wanted the GHs for a non-orchid crop, gonewild posted "legal weed". Then coronacars commented and then, gonewild deleted his post, making coronacars post look out of context.

Coronacars, when you comment on another person's post, always use the "quote" button, not the reply button. That way if they delete, a copy of their post remains inside your post and they can't delete that. So, this way, you don't look like you've gone off topic.

Eric, after you said Terry wanted the GHs for a non-orchid crop, gonewild posted "legal weed". Then coronacars commented and then, gonewild deleted his post, making coronacars post look out of context.

Coronacars, when you comment on another person's post, always use the "quote" button, not the reply button. That way if they delete, a copy of their post remains inside your post and they can't delete that. So, this way, you don't look like you've gone off topic.

Yes that is what I should have done. But it's ok people can think I suggested it. From now on I won't be so lazy and use that. Thanks!

I was supposed to be visiting the OZ in a couple of weeks but that now seems very unlikely. Was going to be a highlight of my first trip to the USA. Oh well I just hope John is okay.

John is definitely not okay. Sam Tsui made a trip to pick up some plant material he owns and could not get in. Better to let Terry know if you have receipts and hopefully you can get what you purchased. :eek:

I think the ability to continue selling or what happens next would have been laid out in the sales contract or is being controlled by whoever John borrowed from to purchase OZ.

It sounds to me (and this is just conjecture) like Terry took back (in a note) at least part of the original selling price and was receiving payments. When John stopped paying, Terry had the ability to lock him out. (or John stopped paying rent which allowed Terry to lock him out.)

The inventory was probably the collateral for the note. It reverted to Terry upon forfeiture of the note or discontinuance of rent.

If Terry wants to go back into the orchid business, I wouldn't think he has to do anything to reestablish his reputation. His biggest problem would probably be reestablishing his breeding stock and waiting for the new crosses and stock to grow up.

I can't believe he would want to go back into orchids, especially if OZ has been run down as much as described. The statement he wants to go into something else makes a lot of sense to me.

I hope he got a big down payment when he sold OZ to John. Sounds like a Parkside situation all over again.

I did not delete my post to make it look like you went off topic. I don't know any facts about the OZ problem, I was suggesting a possibility based on what several other nurseries in California have done and that is to lease their facilities to legal weed growers. The suggestion my post was starting a rumor is why I deleted it.

It doesn't matter. I do go off topic from time to time and it's actually a good suggestion. If I talked to Terry I would suggest it myself. Convert part of it to mmj. You just have to stay small or the feds are all over you at this point.

Terry spent a good portion of a lifetime building O.Z. and people respect him, if he goes back into business, it wouldn't be long O.Z. reputation would be restored. Too bad about john, he is a nice guy, just has problems. Off topic...That seems B.S. the feds don't acknowledge state laws about mmj, nobody dies from it, I guess the alcohol companies spend millions keeping mmj illegal, money talks bullshit walks

Big Pharma spends big bucks right along with the liquor industry fighting the legalization of MJ from state to state as the issue repeatedly comes up for vote across the country. http://extract.suntimes.com/extract-news/top-anti-marijuana-lobby-groups-united-states/

It's sad, but I think this thing with OZ will turn out to be yet another instance of a prime source of fine orchid plant material meeting its ultimate demise. It's a blow to the hobby and to our community.

I probably know dozens of people who grow pot in California and Washington and some people who work in dispensaries...and one person trying to buy out the owner of a dispensary with plans to expand...they all seem pretty optimistic about the future of marijuana in their states... when they hear of someone being busted it's because of those dispensaries or coops not following their contract with the state...there is little room for error and ones that do it right dont appreciate those who try to take advantage..makes everyone look bad. And bars get busted also and lose their licences, it's bound to happen to dispensaries and co-ops every now and then. Want to make a case against Bog Brother, provide some statistics, not anecdotal stories. And pot prices have come down so i dont know if there is much credence to a conspiracy by big pharma or any other entity..I think people just like create to drama where there is none. Actually, growers I know are more worried about too many people getting involved in growing and saturating the market.
Not saying that people aren't weary of Sessions, but growers and retailers have the support of their state's govt's. AG's in these states have come out with strong wording in support of their marijuana laws

Latest posts

Back