Is OZ still in Business?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really the discussion is about what OZ could do if they want to.
There is still full discussion about OZ not being able to sell orchids at this time.

ON topic.....
What do you think the chances are that Terry will let the public know the situation about plants from OZ is? (my guess is zero)
Will John Chant step up and inform his customers?

Not a chance

Not really the discussion is about what OZ could do if they want to.
There is still full discussion about OZ not being able to sell orchids at this time.

ON topic.....
What do you think the chances are that Terry will let the public know the situation about plants from OZ is? (my guess is zero)
Will John Chant step up and inform his customers?

Well John would never talk or return phone calls when he was in business why do you think he would talk to his customers now?

Possibly if he ran the customer service side of it better he could have made it work.

There are still quite a few EBay Listings from OZ still open. I wonder how those customers will fare.

I dont know what is going there in Castroville with OZ, however I do know that any and all greenhouse land is being sold/leased at premium pricing. Proposition 64, that CA voters approved last year goes into effect January 1, 2018 and Monterey County passed an ordinance that no MMJ produces/growers are allowed to build new greenhouses on land that has not already had a greenhouse permit issued through the county prior to November 2016. In essence if its not already there you cant grow. Also Prop 64 states that all MMJ growing must be grown under a covering, be it a GH or a shade house, etc. Hundreds of greenhouse farms are leasing space to MMJ producers at a premium and making more money leasing than they were growing "xyz."

I dont know if this is the case with OZ and I wont speculate HOWEVER I do know that what I explained is exactly what is happening in Monterey County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, Don't purchase anything from OZ on eBay. They will be done after Saturday. If you are in the area you may be able to contact the groundskeeper and get some stuff. So sad. :(

That's sad. If they were open I would drive up there and buy a bunch, but sounds like no one would even be there.

Yep! The order is to not water so the court process can proceed. If anyone can contact the keeper, who has not been paid in months, maybe they work something out. If I was in that area I would be at their gates right now! Oh my Phrag Z5544!!! :sob:

I know someone who made a trip there and came out with some nice stuff. I hope they got good prices. Unfortunately, I don't think they made a dent on the thousands of plants sitting there.

I don't understand why not watering is a prerequisite for the court process to proceed. You'd think that keeping the inventory alive would be of benefit to all. What a tragic loss! It makes me sick.

Generally in instances like this there would be a receiver appointed. They are expensive usually close to $300/ hr but they would deal with it.

this sounds like those houses' foreclosure by banks and their lawyers which damaging all sides .
Lose lose instead of win win .

Somebody needs to grab up those flasks of next gen roths! Anyone in the area! They'd be worth a small fortune. All that breeding, for nothing

Motherf@#&! I hate that this went down this way. Dead, not for a lack of products or customers. I thought the new management opening up to eBay sales and 2nd party vendors would help, but bad management was stronger. Well, I hope the owner finally gets the help he needs.

Latest posts

Back