Is OZ still in Business?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwi

Reaction score
A little bird has whispered in my ear that OZ is now shut down and out of business. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I was about to pay for some flasks as I was going to visit him in a couple of weeks. Very sad if this is the case.

Why not try calling them or send them an email? Oh wait they don't respond I forgot. Humm maybe they are out of business, but I think this is how they do business. They just blow you off.

I just checked with my sources. OZ owes money to a lot of people and is currently running on skeleton crew. Don't buy unless you can get products in person. If I was in California I would go there and try to make a deal.

If it's true, I think to the recent thread about OZ. There's no smoke without fire. :(

Just got more info. Things are worse than I thought. Personal problems with John, Terry may have to take back OZ, but it will come with a loss of lots of plants. :eek:

2 years of no maintenace.. repotting, fertilizing correctly, or pest control.....I would say loss of quite a bit

That's very sad news. I hope something can be worked out. I would not wish that for anyone.

Best of luck to Terry rebuilding his reputation, what a terrible thing to have happen. Ken, any insight?

So Terry's investment would be at stake so he would be forced to come back to a mess and fix it? That really stinks.

John is renting the facilities. If the business goes south, Terry would probably take the stock in lieu of a rent payment..???

Last edited:
If OZ wasn't making money to pay the bills I don't blame Terry. That would put money back in the coffers fast. The only thing is if he converts all of the space to weed, then orchid folks lose a good resource for orchids. That is a setback for all orchid growers.

FYI even though weed is legal in CA even for recreational use several local co-ops were raided here about 2 weeks ago by the Sheriff's department. Not even Federal.

So it is still a risky business with setbacks. The local store lost over 100k in merchandise and cash that was at the location. They were permitted and legal, but still gone.

Latest posts

Back