Inexpensive kovachii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think not just about this one, but flasks!!!! I just wrote it because one USD for a kovachii is very cheap even it is the worst kovachii of the world. But I can't buy....BUT: I can't get to a stonei album , because all of available flasks are sold by US vendors, exept one, but his min. value of order is more than 1.000 USD. Anyway I can pay for a flask , 5 plants/flask 300 USD.

If the seller fails to show flower pictures and tries to sell previously bloomed plant for a premium wherever the plant comes from, it is instantly suspicious and only dumb people will fall for it.

That's a very difficult expensive task for a grower to be required to do. Photograph every plant that did not sell in bloom and maintain a library of photos of each plant. That would be very expensive for a grower such as OZ. The reality is it would probably cost $20 per plant in employee time for the photos. In the past a growers reputation made it not necessary to see photos.

Just look at the hassle selling a low quality plant for 99 cents has already caused. :eek: You might blame me for saying it but I bet plenty of people seeing the ad are thinking it.

I would buy it soon, but I'm out of US. By the way, most of USA wendors are suffering with this silly problem: no sell out of US. However these plants are arteficially propagated. US lows need to modify, I think. I never understood why these arteficially propagated plants are prohibited for exports.

US law does not prohibit the export of the plants. The sellers just dont want to get the required permits and that is because the buyers dont want to pay the cost. It's not US law it is a CITES requirement (international law).

US law does not prohibit the export of the plants. The sellers just dont want to get the required permits and that is because the buyers dont want to pay the cost. It's not US law it is a CITES requirement (international law).

There is really no such thing as international law. It is a multilateral Treaty. A country has to agree and choose to adopt parts or all of the treaty. Each country has their own interpretation as well. The US obviously adopted CITES and has a very strict interpretation. If the US wanted to it could totally ignore CITES. The only law in the US is US law.

High cost for permission is the same as laws. I think there is nonsense to pay for cites in case of flasks.

There is really no such thing as international law. It is a multilateral Treaty. A country has to agree and choose to adopt parts or all of the treaty. Each country has their own interpretation as well. The US obviously adopted CITES and has a very strict interpretation. If the US wanted to it could totally ignore CITES. The only law in the US is US law.

US law does requires that the US enforce the international treaty.
Actually I dont think they interpret it incorrectly they just enforce it as it is stupidly written.

.BUT: I can't get to a stonei album , because all of available flasks are sold by US vendors, exept one, but his min. value of order is more than 1.000 USD.
contact Ono Achima
He has 5 plant flasks and no minimum order. He ships to me from Thailand, through Miami and to my desert wasteland in 4-5 days.

Since having an open discussion is no longer politically correct please delete my posts.

No one is deleting anything; you should know me better than that by now. This has become an interesting discussion and may be moved, however, because I've been asked to close this vendor forum by the vendor. While a valuable discussion, I'm not sure this was exactly the right place for it.

The vendor forums are for vendors to sell their plants and advertise their offerings.

That's a very difficult expensive task for a grower to be required to do. Photograph every plant that did not sell in bloom and maintain a library of photos of each plant. That would be very expensive for a grower such as OZ. The reality is it would probably cost $20 per plant in employee time for the photos. In the past a growers reputation made it not necessary to see photos.

Just look at the hassle selling a low quality plant for 99 cents has already caused. :eek: You might blame me for saying it but I bet plenty of people seeing the ad are thinking it.

Well, I don't think it is very difficult at all.
Plus, I'm talking about quality plants that are sold for good money.
Without providing a flower photo when selling previously bloomed plants, it is just not right.
If you look around, actually all the well-known vendors show pictures when selling something that cost hundreds to thousands of dollars.
I mean who wants to drop that much money without seeing the quality?
No one.

When you charge so much money, you have to do some work and keeping photos in file ( now we have computers that help) is so easy breezy.

The "hassel" here has nothing to do with selling. Don't you see there are at least two people who are ready to buy the plant? NYC and Germany? :poke:

No one is deleting anything; you should know me better than that by now. This has become an interesting discussion and may be moved, however, because I've been asked to close this vendor forum by the vendor. While a valuable discussion, I'm not sure this was exactly the right place for it.

The vendor forums are for vendors to sell their plants and advertise their offerings.

:) yes Heather I know you would not sensor. My suggestion to delete was not as censorship but rather to not dirty up his vendor thread. That was not my intent but John did ask "why".

Well, I don't think it is very difficult at all.

Actually it really is a tremendous amount of work if you have a volume of product. Very time consuming to associate and catalog the pictures to a specific plant (or other product)

Plus, I'm talking about quality plants that are sold for good money.
Without providing a flower photo when selling previously bloomed plants, it is just not right.
If you look around, actually all the well-known vendors show pictures when selling something that cost hundreds to thousands of dollars.
I mean who wants to drop that much money without seeing the quality?
No one.

I was basically considering the average plant that is what most people buy and a quantity is on hand. Plants that sell for hundreds of dollars or more are the exception and certainly photos are in order.

When you charge so much money, you have to do some work and keeping photos in file ( now we have computers that help) is so easy breezy.

Easy Breezy? :rollhappy: not if you have a couple hundred a day to do.

The "hassel" here has nothing to do with selling. Don't you see there are at least two people who are ready to buy the plant? NYC and Germany? :poke:

They will probably be outbid! It will wind up selling for $100 just because it is from OZ.

Well,
we, slippertalk members obviously missing something about the quality of this plant ..
Someone likes it enough to set the price at 61.00 dollar at this moment , and we still have one day to go

I wasn't attacking John either. I do hope he understands
that. I own a wholesale tree nursery to sell to garden centers, large landscapers in several states...in short, we
sell by tractor trailer loads to people in the business. We
don't advertise and our customers are knowledgeable about what they're buying and are free to come tag the
specific trees. Laurel Nursery IS our reputation for quality and is priced accordingly. OZ has been highly respected for as long as I can remember and I'd hate to
see that reputation suffer because of an ugly plant no
matter how honest John is about it. Specialized businesses are terribly vulnerable to word-of-mouth.

Who cares you guys!!! get a grip!!!! there are newbies who would love to grow a kovachii as starter phrag thats not award quality why not? o.z. to me grows better healthier plants than I've seen anywhere, who cares if they want to sell a less than what a judge or a veteran
would call award quality

Latest posts

Back