Incan Treasure

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info, I have no idea what cypress mulch is though! :p
Yes you do! You know the stuff(shredded bark) one spreads around on flower beds so it looks nice & supposedly keeps weeds out?
Does the concrete jungle have Menard's? $2 for a 2 cubic ft. bag! There are some big chunks, which is OK by me, I just toss them on the flower beds & use the more consistently shredded ones for the phrags. Gilda got me started on this, my phrags seem to do really well, the cypress being a swamp tree holds up well, doesn't need annual repotting, is light in weight, holds moisture but at the same time has air spaces.

I also use cypress mulch in my cattleya mix. Works fine and last a long time, not to mention it's cheap and easily available.

Excellent Rose!!! How many plants do you have from the compot??? It would be nice to see others bloom from to compare them!!! Some day maybe I'll have a Kovachii..

Excellent Rose!!! How many plants do you have from the compot??? It would be nice to see others bloom from to compare them!!! Some day maybe I'll have a Kovachii..
I have one other that I kept, this one hit the bull's eye for me, that's all I need! I want to say NYEric, did we split that compot?
I also have Andean Tears(k x wallisii), Allison Strom(k x Living Fire) & last year got kov x schlimii flask, which should be a pretty nice cross.

Wonderful Rose! Congrats, it's just beautiful!

Yes, I was wondering the same thing, if you guys were talking about cedar mulch...

The true cypress mulch seems to be made from pond cypress (Taxodium ascenden)s and bald cypress (Taxodium distichum). But those trees don't grow in Canada. Here, some trees are sometimes called Cypress, like Jack Pine (Pinus banksiana).

I was wondering if the Shiva tried Cedar mulch (from Thuja). I never saw Cypress mulch in garden center in Quebec.

Although we have 4 garden areas downstairs it's so rare to have green areas here that there is only one Home Depot (no Lowes or other home/garden center) here for the millions of people on Manhattan Island. So cypress mulch as as common as moon rocks are here!

Although we have 4 garden areas downstairs it's so rare to have green areas here that there is only one Home Depot (no Lowes or other home/garden center) here for the millions of people on Manhattan Island. So cypress mulch as as common as moon rocks are here!

Did you try to grow orchids in moon rocks, Eric:rollhappy:

I'm just kidding...

Latest posts

Back