Humidity trays; Algae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Phred! Beautiful Cyp. you have in your ID photo, by the way. I like the egg crate idea. I'm okay with the humidity trays for now - until maybe I go "custom" one day - but the egg crate would be grate to place over my sink so I can rest orchids on it while watering/draining. It looks very sturdy. I've been hearing about it forever but had forgotten about it, and never did know where people got it. Where can this stuff be had?
You're welcome masaccio,
I have 90 humidity trays set up like this and they work great.

20201214_194823.jpg

You're welcome masaccio,
I have 90 humidity trays set up like this and they work great.
Hey, Phred. Have you posted pictures of your setup? I'm very curious about your light source and where you grow. Thanks!

Hey, Phred. Have you posted pictures of your setup? I'm very curious about your light source and where you grow. Thanks!
Hello masaccio
I grow in the house in a 10'x14' room on metal shelves. I have HO t5 florescent bulbs and cheap LED shop lights... both are daylight 5000K-6500K. A couple fans on while the lights are on. This is one wall of plants... there are two more.IMG_3122.JPG

Hello masaccio
I grow in the house in a 10'x14' room on metal shelves. I have HO t5 florescent bulbs and cheap LED shop lights... both are daylight 5000K-6500K. A couple fans on while the lights are on. This is one wall of plants... there are two more.

Now let me see, what is the first word that comes to mind. LUST!! I admit, I want to copy that setup exactly.

Hello masaccio
I grow in the house in a 10'x14' room on metal shelves. I have HO t5 florescent bulbs and cheap LED shop lights... both are daylight 5000K-6500K. A couple fans on while the lights are on. This is one wall of plants... there are two more.View attachment 23976
Phred, are these baker racks 36" or 48"? I like the black. Home Depot seems only to have 5-tier black ones in 36". Thanks!

Hello masaccio
I grow in the house in a 10'x14' room on metal shelves. I have HO t5 florescent bulbs and cheap LED shop lights... both are daylight 5000K-6500K. A couple fans on while the lights are on. This is one wall of plants... there are two more.View attachment 23976
Phred, are these baker racks 36" or 48"? I like the black. Home Depot seems only to have 5-tier black ones in 36". Thanks!
Looks absolutely stunning...I don’t see how you water. Where does your waste water go? How does it drain?

Latest posts

Back