How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here in Athens GR, a lot of humidity and high temperatures, 35-37 Celcius degrees for several days. Μy slipper orchids seems to be fine, this is their first summer in my possession....
My other species of orchids are happy....

Yesterday and today are perfect for road construction.
Nevada is doing a wonderful job dealing with the destruction of Rt. 15 between Las Vegas and St. George.

Great day to be poolside. Never went swimming on the 22nd floor before.:p

Lollipops for voters???
I never voted...

Eric, the carousel of poolside views were stunning.

Dodged a bullet

Hurricane Ana missed us by a few hundred miles, but it has been raining steadily for about 12 hours. Supposed to dry out later today or tomorrow. My Phrags are VERY happy right now...

I've missed you too! I've been thinking about your shadehouse all day.
Glad the big wind missed you.

Hey, good news! We actually saw the sun today...ALL day. Scared the
hell outta my orchids.

Rainy weather for more than a week. Winter came suddenly in Athens, GR. Breezy winds and temp max 18-19C

The clouds and rain have come now, and will continue until May. Short days and temperatures in the low teens Celsius during the day and single digits will follow. Had a great summer though. Very happy to have my 1000 watt metal halide to enjoy eternal summer in my grow room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rainstorms thunder & lightning and godzilla is coming out of san francisco bay for the next two days friday and saturday

Fall is finally knocking on our door. We get a reallllllly long pre-fall season here extending from late September through the first week of November, featuring brilliant sunny days, warm days and cool nights, and dry fresh air. Lovely. That all begins to change in November when the rainstorms come one by one. Each storm is followed by sunny weather, but the average temperature drops by several degrees and doesn't recover. By mid December it is full on winter - yuck.

The first storm is this weekend, so I guess fall is coming a bit early this year. BTW, I'll have a new video out probably in early December showing the transition of very late summer into full fall in southern Japan.

Last edited:
Anywhere from 73F.-26F.
From the balcony I can see snow.

Should be a high of 62F. in Aspen tomorrow.
Tricks and treats :evil:

Latest posts

Back