How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was sweating at sepos show Sunday, was wearing shorts this morning at work, driving through monsoon this afternoon and seeing snowflakes on the way home (plus lots of wind)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No snow flurries but everyone is freaking out about the frost on the vines (work) and local apple and peach orchards.

Spring is returning!
Had about an inch of snow on Monday, a town 20 min. south of me had 2 1/2"!

Periods of really heavy rain, saw tornado warning for cluster of storms in North Carolina headed this way (working temporarily near Fredericksburg, Va) but warming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine on the NC/SC border had 5" of rain last night o_O

Really heavy rain here too so I don't have to go to work (flood prone area).

a long crappy winter is now turning into a crappy spring!:(
We needed some rain but not a week of it!

It is fabulous here in southern Japan - sunny most days, highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s, and dry daytime humidities (<40%). A bit windy some days, and unfortunately China is blowing its crappy air our way - sometimes the air is actually brown, JOY! But overall, I can't complain.

Nice and comfortable today, despite a few thunderstorms. Gradually moving my plants outdoors. Harvested my first salad greens (arugula, arugula sylvatica, redleaf lettuce) today and finally mowed my lawn....or rather, my wife did under my directions...she doesn't want me working too hard after getting out of the hospital.

We just had our first night below zero. Dropped to -3C last night. The three terrorists are huddled on the cushion in front of the heater, looking miserable! Gustaff (the turtle) front, Shrek (the ogre) middle and Pumba (the pig) back.
I am a bit scared to go to the greenhouse as I don't heat, so who knows how cold my plants got last night!

Sweet, sweet pups! Boston's are wonderful, funny, small people. Sweaters might be called for. BTW, I had no idea
you experienced temps. that low...wow!

Love those big ears! Just to make people jealous, we're opening the pool tomorrow...Oh glory!

We just had our first night below zero. Dropped to -3C last night. The three terrorists are huddled on the cushion in front of the heater, looking miserable! Gustaff (the turtle) front, Shrek (the ogre) middle and Pumba (the pig) back.
I am a bit scared to go to the greenhouse as I don't heat, so who knows how cold my plants got last night!

Yikes! I hope your plants are OK.

Latest posts

Back