How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have missed out on spring this year. Not more than 2 or 3 days over 20C and rain/wind...rain/wind every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11:15 am eastern time and there is tornado-severe thunderstorm warnings in Wisconsin just north of Chicago... Look out to the east in Michigan!

Now 12:20pm and another tornado warning in ne Illinois south of Chicago, and the first warning still active. Severe storms in Wisconsin and all heading for Michigan

Foggy/cloudy and slight sun shining through in w. central nj, 55 and warming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail and wind and thunderstorms here. I'm on the southwest corner of the severe cells. It is wicked. Lost power for a while. Downed limbs in yard. And it just keeps on coming in waves.

Now over 12 tornado warnings 1pm eastern in Illinois.. Keep your heads down!

As of 7pm, the news says 89 reported tornado sightings and very sadly 4 fatalities :eek:

Last edited:
We were lucky that the first wave that went through Michigan pretty much missed us. But right now, the wind is roaring outside. Supposed to gust up to 70mph. I hate to see the tree damage at morning light.

Here its just dull and gray, mid 50's. Periods of drizzle off and on, but nothing to soak the parched soil. Drought isn't so bad in winter, but plants are already stressed from virtually no rainfall in the past 8 weeks or so.

We had snow flurries an hour or 2 ago. Temps are currently 34, expected to drop to 27 tonight. Tomorrow a high of 30 with 30mph winds....we were going to walk to the farmers market. Glad I got my planting done today!

Was out hunting on uncle's farm this afternoon and noticed wave of snow breaking over far hilltops. Pulled up my hood, zipped up and by the time I got my gloves back on the snow was blowing sideways past me. In about 20 min or so there was a good inch on the ground, supposed to be about five inches tonight more tomorrow, should be easier to see in the woods if the blowing snow isn't in my eyes. Very windy for next two days, presently 17f.

It is now 22*F, expected to drop further, sleet all day, no accumulation, but roadways are ice, lots of accidents on the Interstate. This is Fall weather? The weatherman says the normal temps is mid40's. The forecast for tomorrow is a high 22*F. It would not be so bad if the wind would just die down.

Where are you, Matt? It sounds like Michigan today. Right now it is 16ºF and is supposed to go down to 15. And the wind is like icicles.

it's cold!!!! 23 when I got up this morning...went to the farmers market and could barely hold my vegetables.

Latest posts

Back