How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After 2 1/2 months, it finally rained enough to wet the sidewalk. Not exactly optimum orchid culture.

Highs are 97F and above for the next week or so here in StL. No rain for the past 2 weeks, and none in the forecast... Brought 3/4 of my collection inside (about 30 plants). Kept the catasetums outside. Hoping I don't regret it.

I hear they're having a heatwave in the Midwest USA. :( warm 82F and cloudy here in NYC.
Yeah mid to upper nineties but bearable as there is a pretty steady breeze. The catasetums, broughtonias & catts are lovin' it. Overall it's been a pretty mild summer so I can't complain too much.

Lots of heat (~35oC) and humidity (>50%)... no breeze at this time, perhaps some at night... :(

Rain.
Flash flood warnings(emergency phone warnings).
15F. below normal.
Wind 5-10mph.

Luckily I'm on the opposite side of the mountain and upwind of the smoke. Weather has changed for the better and it should be contained tomorrow.

Tonight it is supposed to get down to 37ºF. Two days ago, I had to turn my greenhouse heater on for the first time since Spring.

crappy - 3rd day of gray gloomy overcast with light rain, typical fall! Can't complain, we had a nice couple of weeks prior to this - sunny, 65-70, light breeze, cool nights.

I dread living in Canada at this time of year.
We have been so fortunate to have warm weather for October, but I know cold and snow are right around the corner. The worst is the damp. Rain today :( gloomy.

Anyone have room for one more? Ha ha

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back