How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the rain just arrived here, and the temps are actually going up! (night)
fall/winter this time of year can bring any type of weather. I can remember in recent times, decembers with 20 below zero fahrenheit for a few weeks, and a few years later temps in the 60's for most of the month. as usual for weather year 'round, in upstate ny anything goes!

Yes , anything goes in NY. But the weather all over has been to extremes. Drought, to wet, Fires, hurricanes, tsunamies, ect. all over the world!!! Seemes to me that it is getting worse & worse.

I was told years ago that NY will soon have the weather of Florida & vise versa!!

What with the crazy weather and the coming financial storm, people are starting to say ''sell everything and run for the hills!!!''-----I'm stayin.;)

In Germany, we have the dryest / aridest (dryestmost / aridestmost ???? what is correct?) ) November since wether- recording, no rain since mid october and no snow in the mountains, from time to time there are local woodburns...a lot of people are suffering from hayfever, there is so much ´smog´ from dryed leaves etc. in the air
temps in the night are around 0°C, if the days are not foggy, we go up to 18°C in Munich. Tourists are sitting outside in the sun, enjoying cappucino or somthing else.
Best regards, Gina

Rained all day today, since last night, actually. At 5:00 pm it turned into snow. Right now, there's about 4" accumulation, and it is very wet -- and supposed to snow all night. The trees near our house have branches that are already almost touching the ground. They are usually at least 8' off the ground. There are all kinds of power outages in surrounding counties. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Rained all day today, since last night, actually. At 5:00 it turned into snow. Right now, there's about 4" accumulation, and it is very wet -- and supposed to snow all night. The trees near our house have branches that are already almost touching the ground. They are usually at least 8' off the ground. There are all kinds of power outages in surrounding counties. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

S*it I guess that's what's comin' this way.
All I know is I am cold. Everything is damp. Hibernation sounds good.

S*it I guess that's what's comin' this way.
All I know is I am cold. Everything is damp. Hibernation sounds good.
Might be, although it seems to be hanging over Michigan. Right now, it has a going SW flow as it slowly moves East. Maybe it'll be spent by the time it reaches you.

Might be, although it seems to be hanging over Michigan. Right now, it has a going SW flow as it slowly moves East. Maybe it'll be spent by the time it reaches you.

odd. we have the upspin from that storm and it's very warm. downspin in michigan and even tennessee and alabama has cold and snow. though very cool at night high 40's during days, and is nearly 55F at 1am at night here now

odd. we have the upspin from that storm and it's very warm. downspin in michigan and even tennessee and alabama has cold and snow. though very cool at night high 40's during days, and is nearly 55F at 1am at night here now

We had warm temps too, low 60's for the high 50's at night, also had alot of rain off & on for 2 days. Its getting cooler today on though..

Was cloudy, but now clearing with a stiff northerly flow of wind. Clear, even if cold, is fine, as I loathe snow with every fibre of my being!

We had snow last night....just a dusting but still snow. I hate snow. I would rather have rain all winter...at least we wouldn't have to shovel it, or drive in it, or get it in our boots, or....well you get my drift. I hate snow. :mad::sob:

Latest posts

Back