How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm at work right now but when I look outside the sky is grey and there is a reasonable wind blowing. 1st day of december but winter is still nowere to be seen. Last year it was freezing and snowing allready.

Well, it actually returned to weather appropriate for the season today....well, appropriate for mid-November actually. But the warm weather of the past month is enough to inspire me to go fishing in the channel for bass when I go to my LI place...maybe even in bare feet!

We had our first major snow dump of the year yesterday, got around 2 or 3" of the white stuff. Today it's chinooking, the temperature got up to about +6 C, snow melting quickly, quite balmy. This is typical Calgary weather. :D

Windy today,, rain on the way, temps today around 50. The ground still has not frozen. This weekend the temps should be more seasonal.

The 9" of wet, heavy snow we got less than a week ago is now all gone -- the mild weather and rain dissolved it all. And now our river is in flood. First time I've seen that in December since we moved out here in 1999.

Well, I didn't catch any fish, but Sunday out on LI, I was raking leaves in my tee shirt.....all day. Not bad for Dec. .......or is it?

The 9" of wet, heavy snow we got less than a week ago is now all gone -- the mild weather and rain dissolved it all. And now our river is in flood. First time I've seen that in December since we moved out here in 1999.

I think about 15-20 years ago we had tons of snow in december, and we had one of those early january thaws plus rain (in the 70˚'s) and there was water everywhere. a few days later and it all started freezing again

my mother in new mexico told me it was snowing there today (almost down in mexico), and here today it was in the 50's

Its HOT today!!!!!!! Summer is finally here!!!!!:D:rollhappy::clap::evil::wink::):):):):p:D:rollhappy::smitten::smitten::

Its cold. Evey thing is cold. I am wearing a toque in my house.
...its only -2 (feels like -7). I think I live in the wrong hemisphere. Anyone have room for me?

today the sky is a lovely shade of 'upstate gray', the temperature the common 'not quite freezing, not hardly warm' of pre-winter (hm, time for a warm shower) :)

Its cold. Evey thing is cold. I am wearing a toque in my house.
...its only -2 (feels like -7). I think I live in the wrong hemisphere. Anyone have room for me?

well, i'm to the 'south' of you but I think we have the same weather! :) the problem with our part of the planet is that if we are up north, here we often have this 'cold' that many run away from. so, many head 'south'.. but often in the south in the other season there is too much 'hot', so people retreat inside and turn on the 'cold' :rollhappy: . only so often is the temperature truly 'moderate' and very comfortable. I think somewhere in the tropics at a certain elevation where it's not too hot or too cold, and stays like that often....

It was +9C (48 F) today, so really quite balmy. It's chinooking again. We've had a pretty mild winter so far. Of course, winter doesn't really start for another 9 days or so, does it?? :eek:

The first COLD shot - got up to 10 this morning, could have made it to the single digits overnight!

75 and not a cloud in the sky....

I had to break out my winter clothes yesterday.... Socks, tennie's, pants and long sleeve tee shirts. My god it was freezing late night..... It had to be 52 or so!!!!:mad:

Latest posts

Back