How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First snow in Munich, last night
schnee1q.jpg

today the sky is a lovely shade of 'upstate gray', the temperature the common 'not quite freezing, not hardly warm' of pre-winter (hm, time for a warm shower) :)

well, i'm to the 'south' of you but I think we have the same weather! :) the problem with our part of the planet is that if we are up north, here we often have this 'cold' that many run away from. so, many head 'south'.. but often in the south in the other season there is too much 'hot', so people retreat inside and turn on the 'cold' :rollhappy: . only so often is the temperature truly 'moderate' and very comfortable. I think somewhere in the tropics at a certain elevation where it's not too hot or too cold, and stays like that often....

I LOVE our summers! I thrive in 34c plus humidity...oh how I love humidity! Feeling like I am about to melt on the inside from the y humidity and crisp on the outside from the sun....oh :rollhappy::rollhappy:

Today. I froze. -10c. Windy. Sunny, but what good is the sun if it won't warm you up?
We've not had alot of snow here at all and i am fearing a green Christmas!

Personally, I'd be happy with a whiteless christmas -- and the week after, since we have to do a little travelling.

What do you folks down-under do, since this holiday season is in your summer???

Personally, I'd be happy with a whiteless christmas -- and the week after, since we have to do a little travelling.

What do you folks down-under do, since this holiday season is in your summer???

Some have a barby with seafood and salad and others go the traditional northern Xmas with the turkey and all the stomach busting trimmings :drool:

In Munich,
we have ´Föhn´ that means warm winds from the Sahara desert, wich fall down at the north side of the alpine montains (can´t find a translation for Alpenhauptkamm) , sun and about 10-12°C.
This ´Föhn´is quite strange, there are more headaches, heart troubles and more suizides than normal. In the hospitals, they don´t do difficult operations.
If there is ´Föhn´and full moon at the same time, it´s even worst. Then there are more accidents in road traffic.
I´m suffering from having no snow until now, as I like skiing
Best regards, Gina

Well, We got are first rain storm for Dec., about 3/4" the last two days. You know what that means.... NO WORK!!!!!! I decided that I would take the dog for a walk and noticed that the trees are starting to turn. It has been about 55H/48L. I think once this storm passes it will get down into the low 40's maybe high 30's.

Today, I had three different kinds of weather.
Heavy rainfalls and strong winds on my way from Munich (Germany) to St. Gallen, (Swizerland), then a lot of snow on the way from St. Gallen to Innsbruck (Austria), there is the Arlberg in between, the streets were coverd with snow, and now, in the Zillertal, which is in the south of Tyrol, Austria, 15°C, (Föhn again) no snow and a lot of sun in the afternoon.
In the Garden here in Tyrol the salix caprea has white ´Palmkätzchen´what we have normally in the spring.
Best Regards, Gina

Today (I´m in Austria), we had 3°C at 600m and 7°C at 2000m. The snow for skiing is prepared artificially overnight by snowguns, they work very hard every night.

Today was sunny, temps about 40 & windy. We should have a big rain storm (around 2 inches prdicted)coming in tomorrow night with temps around 40+. Still no snow temps below freezing at night, The ground is getting frozen but not like it should be for this time of year.

We've had wonderfully mild weather conditions (for December in Michigan) over the past few days, but now the nasty stuff will be returning within only a few hours. The worst part is dealing with the other drivers on the road who seemingly repeatedly forget how to handle an automobile in a sane and safe fashion on slick roads in spite of where they live! :p

it's funny. we are in second rain/snow capital just behind seattle and people here alternate often between either driving like mad in a blizzard or hurricane, or tiptoeing through some light weather. it's nice that they act responsibly once in a while as having someone tailgate you during a dump or heavy rain isn't much fun

here we are having usual upstate ny weather; take your pick, it will change through today and the next day and on... though family in new mexico have been alternating between high winds and snow, down to 18F at night and then heading towards 50's during day

Rainy here in Luxembourg since days!!! But temperatures +/- 7 Celsius, so no winter ! As the pics suggest it looks more like spring!!! Jean

Latest posts

Back