Help! Noid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Brian Monk

I took this photo, but I can't find the tag. It wasn't awarded, but I thouht you would like to see it.

noid1.jpg

Awesome photos, Brian. I am so happy you are posting these for everyone to see.

The flower in this photo is Paph. Franz Glanz (emersonii x armeniacum)

(And yes it's a REAL Paph. Franz Glanz)

Are you sure, Scott? I'm fairly sure it was a real Paph. Sugar Suite (emersonii X niveum)?

Ok that's it - you guys are right. I'm not posting before noon anymore in order to give the morning caffeine time to kick in.

I remember now that someone did say it was Paph. Sugar Suite while remarking how much the yellow pouch and staminode reminded them of Paph. armeniacum, and that's what I was thinking of when I posted.

The weekend was such a blur for me - so much going on with so many great plants and wonderful people.

YEs, it was Sugar Suite. I was part of the conversation about how much yellow was in the staminode. I did not get a photo of the entire plant - afterall, I knew its name!!

Oddly enough, Orchidwiz actually lists a Paph. Sugar Sweet. Clicking on the long format button to the right of the parentage window produces a different result every time. Strange. I would post a screen capture here but I am terrified of copyright violation repercussions.

Oddly enough, Orchidwiz actually lists a Paph. Sugar Sweet. Clicking on the long format button to the right of the parentage window produces a different result every time. Strange. I would post a screen capture here but I am terrified of copyright violation repercussions.

I looked this up on the RHS site. Although it does list Paph. Sugar Sweet, it has no information about it, except that it was registered 3/16/1993. Registrant Name and Originator Name say O/U. Seed and Pollen parent say "na" and Epithet has a ? in the blanks. Very strange.

Latest posts

Back