• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For Sale Tissue culture media

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krisk

Reaction score
I’ve been asked a lot over the years about the tissue culture media I use for slippers and indeed other challenging terrestrial orchids. Kevin Western is now selling W9 and it’s variants that I helped develop in other currencies on his web site. There is nothing we haven’t been able to germinate, including Paph canhii dry seed and Cypripedium species. I’ve included a few photos of recent flasks. You can find the web store here:

https://westernorchids.com.au/product-tag/media/

Photos in order:
Paph tigrinum
Paph wilhelminae
Paph leucochilum
Paph micranthum

Attachments

• IMG_5354.jpeg
    IMG_5354.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5342.jpeg
    IMG_5342.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5180.jpeg
    IMG_5180.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5183.jpeg
    IMG_5183.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
No worries. I had always assumed people were doing ok with MS media, but I’ve talked to quite a few people that have had issues. Kevin doesn’t really promote his media, so I thought people might find it useful if they are having trouble with certain genera or species. Of course there is a lot more to it than just the media. I’d normally recommend coconut water as an addition for germination. For lime stone species, I’d use a calcium carbonate powder in the media as a buffer, but also pH adjusted to around 8-8.5 with NaOH.

Latest posts

Back