Hello again!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Ghosthunt64

As the title says. Sorry I've been gone so long, it's been a bit of a rough year. Whilst I can't promise I can stay, I suppose I can give you an update.

I've had no casualties, but none of the plants probably hold me in high regard at the moment. And rightly so. Surprisingly, though, there has been some activity...

First off, the final flower of the first fan of...flip. out of 'F' words... My moquettianum 'Pine Knot' x self.

tcRbzVfl.jpg

Next, an new one, Paphiopedilum purpuratum 'Z3425'x '#2117'

cPc1pGOl.jpg

nKRBaLPl.jpg

9pxD46Rl.jpg

Arguably the most impressive on this list, Paphiopedilum Saint Swithin, using the laevigatum variant of philippinense. Four flowers for a first bloom isn't bad, but perhaps the form is... I like it anyway. The only reason I can guess that I got a bloom out of it is that it mistook neglect as a standard winter rest period. We did the responsible thing and removed the spike just as the 3rd bloom opened. However, we put it in a vase and the final one ended up opening, regardless.

mUdwHUwl.jpg

DwfK3m5l.jpg

DukaxKRl.jpg

GQz3E72l.jpg

Now, a testament to how bad i was, only two blooms on an Oncidium Sharry Baby 'Sweet Fragrance.'

8rVvpRGl.jpg

And, finally, Paphiopedilum delenatii. From what I can tell, one of the better plants in my collection, and in fact has the faint rose fragrance.

GzlHe0kl.jpg

Oddly enough, the only one I don't have a picture for is also the only one that has bloomed that isn't from Carter and Holmes. Paphiopedilum lawrenceanum 'Java' x hyeanum 'Green Giant,'instead from Orchids limited. This is also the only one where it wasn't it's first bloom.

Well, I hope I can keep on top of things, it sure is good to be back.

P.S. Forgive me if this isn't in the right place; just move the thread to where the 'right place' would be.

I agree, that's a really good delenatii. The color on the pouch looks good, and more importantly the shape is especially good.

I love Carter and Holmes. I haven't been in ... well, it's been far too long. It was a lot easier to make a day trip down there when I lived in Charlotte, but now it'd have to be more of a weekend trip. It was a really cool place, and the owner & staff were great.

Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear you had a difficult year, and hope all is now under control.

Nice blooms, all, but the delenatii is very nice.

I agree, that's a really good delenatii. The color on the pouch looks good, and more importantly the shape is especially good.

I love Carter and Holmes. I haven't been in ... well, it's been far too long. It was a lot easier to make a day trip down there when I lived in Charlotte, but now it'd have to be more of a weekend trip. It was a really cool place, and the owner & staff were great.

Thanks! Where we live it makes a good day trip as well, and there was a period where we were going every month. If you need any more of a reason to go, they're having an open house August 22-24.

Welcome back. I'm sorry to hear you had a difficult year, and hope all is now under control.

Nice blooms, all, but the delenatii is very nice.

Thanks. It's looking like it is, at least for the time being.

agree on the del.

Thanks!

The del. is beautiful, but that pink pouch on the moq. is lovely and more
blooms to come for you I hope. Hidoo from KY.

One more thanks. Also, here's a thread on the same moquettianum, back when it was in better condition: http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26075

You're blooming your orchids, that means you are pretty good with your care. Nicely done. I like the Saint Swithin, not the easiest of Paphs to bloom, moquettianum has nice form, the delenatii is nice. A nice collection there. Welcome back.

welcome back.

Thanks you.

You're blooming your orchids, that means you are pretty good with your care. Nicely done. I like the Saint Swithin, not the easiest of Paphs to bloom, moquettianum has nice form, the delenatii is nice. A nice collection there. Welcome back.

Perhaps, but the Saint Swithin hasn't even started it's new growth and I don't even think any of the plants above will bloom this year, save perhaps the Oncidium Sharry Baby. Thanks, at any rate.

Latest posts

Back