Helenae for 2013

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice, Rick. Cute flowers and your culture method works fine for you, apparently.
I've recently put a parishii in a basket to try out, but I'm still hesitant to put any of the rock-dwellers into a basket.

Oh, very beautiful. You obtain the positive results of your efforts made to change the Paphio's culture technique. Seems you are on the right way.
In October during the monthly meeting of my club, I am going to make a presentation (*.ppt) on the Paphios culture . Can I use your photographs?

No problem:wink:

Very nice, Rick. Cute flowers and your culture method works fine for you, apparently.
I've recently put a parishii in a basket to try out, but I'm still hesitant to put any of the rock-dwellers into a basket.

If you want to start with an automatic easy one try henryanum.

But in general I would de-emphasis the basket growing over reducing K and total nutrient application.

I have multiple spikes coming up on about 4 of 5 henry's I've put into baskets, but I also have spikes coming up on a few that I have in regular pots or aircone pots (with bark or chc mixes). I'm attributing most of the improvement to reduced K rather than the baskets, but the baskets are very easy to maintain.

I really like this in a basket. Great presentation and I guess hanging it to the eye level is great for small blooms.

Beautiful plants, Rick! I'm terrible at ID'ing mosses but I'd guess that you have Hypnum imponens, common on tree bases and just about everywhere else around here. It seems more generalist and salt-tolerant than most mosses, and Janice Glime cites it as useful for orchid culture.

Latest posts

Back