Happy Birthday Slippertalk!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which other place?

The Slipper Orchid Forum, run by an immature, Napoleonic, Grand-Poobah Nitwit who hated all commercial people/growers; but, wanted to sell them advertising space. As a commercial grower, I was treated like dirt. I was quickly banned after joining for making a slightly sarcastic comment about a forum policy that I thought was unfriendly and unreasonable. The next time I looked, my post had been deleted and I could no longer sign on. I'm sure hundreds of people have been banned from that place over the years and virtually every single member has likely suffered their posts being censored. If you spoke out of turn, or in any way whatsoever raised your head above the crowd, the little Fascist Dipshit would fire Nukes at you and send you threatening e-mails.

The most significant founding principle of ST was that it must be NOTHING like that other place....and it's not. Thanks Heather!

Happy Birthday ST, and hopefully many years to go :) !!!!

:clap::clap: A special thanks to Heather and the other admins for running the forum :clap::clap:

:) And thanks to all of you members of this coolest place :)

Jean

Where is John? Is he on another user name?

Nah, I've been hiding. It's been almost four years since I last signed in! Heather tells me stories about the place once in a while. I moved to South Carolina a year ago.

I still grow lots of stuff, but the only orchids I have are four noid Phalaenopsis. I should maybe get a Neofinetia again. Carter and Holmes is 30 minutes from me. I've been meaning to go over there and poke around someday.

Nah, I've been hiding. It's been almost four years since I last signed in! Heather tells me stories about the place once in a while. I moved to South Carolina a year ago.

I still grow lots of stuff, but the only orchids I have are four noid Phalaenopsis. I should maybe get a Neofinetia again. Carter and Holmes is 30 minutes from me. I've been meaning to go over there and poke around someday.

Dude! Where the hell you been? You should pop around more often. Check your pm.

Wow. Time fly's when you're having fun.:clap::clap:

Happy Birthday ST!!!

And thanks for all of our contributions, collaborations, trials, and tribulations.

My orchid growing is drastically improved from 10 years ago because of this forum.

Wow. Time fly's when you're having fun.:clap::clap:

Happy Birthday ST!!!

And thanks for all of our contributions, collaborations, trials, and tribulations.

My orchid growing is drastically improved from 10 years ago because of this forum.

Ditto. And so has my collection!

What blows my mind is how fast time moves. I was thinking about the Olympics today since they are about to start and realized that the Beijing games were back in 2008 :eek: SPT was just 2 years old then and it doesn't seem that long ago… god, I am getting old way too fast :sob:

Latest posts

Back