Happily Growing Roots

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
This is of Paphiopedilum Lynleigh Koopowitz.
I got two in bud last summer. One had a sudden basal rot.
This one looked great, but upon repotting, I saw only one long actively growing roots. Such sight really puzzles me every time! :confused:

I repotted it into fresh mix and one year later, this is how it looks!
The other side has even more actively growing roots, but I'm just being lazy.

I wish some of my other less common parvis grew like this. Oh, well...

This particular pot ( 3.75 inch semi-clear plastic with mesh bottom)has fir bark, which I don't like and normally do not use, but happened to have some laying around at the time, perlite, and topped with some moss.

It has a near mature new growth on top.

I had it near south facing window up until April this year, since then it has been growing under my T8 set up.
4 4ft tube, and the top of the leaf is about 10-12 inch away from the light bulb.
Light hours from 7:30 till 8:30.

This is one of the plants that took the light set up quite well. The newer growth does look different though.
There is much more white part than green part as compared to the older growth that grew under natural light, and this is the trend among other plants under my light as well. At least they don't look bleached or stressed, which is why I still have light set up. :)

7tOGTBel.jpg

Last edited:
I love repotting (not catts) as long as I have everything I need!

Any epiphytes, especially ondidiums. but large catts, I can easily imagine how nasty it can get. lol

Paphs are nothing compared to those unless they are big clump of bulldogs or multis.

Latest posts

Back