Guess the Paph. Species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest I think the new generation of Brachys are a muddled mess. With the short generational time people are mixing them all up and labeling them as species. I could be wrong it could just be the shorter generational time allows for leaps in form and color with breeding but sometimes the muddled species are obvious. I think at least

To be honest I think the new generation of Brachys are a muddled mess. With the short generational time people are mixing them all up and labeling them as species. I could be wrong it could just be the shorter generational time allows for leaps in form and color with breeding but sometimes the muddled species are obvious. I think at least

No, your not wrong. The misuse & guesses or down right name changing is alive and well in ""some"" Paph breeding houses. I think over time, many will find that many of the Paph species, imported from Asian nurseries, particularly in the Brachy line, will prove to be hybrids. I would venture to say as it will be most evident in the godefroyae & leucochilums.

Latest posts

Back