Finally Paphiopedilum stonei in full bloom ... 5 FLOWERS!!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is truly inspiring! Lovely flowering, lovely flowers, great markings and color, terrific growing to produce so many flowers on the first bloom! Just think what it's going to be doing in the future if it keeps this up! Wow is all I can say. Whose breeding is that from?

This is truly inspiring! Lovely flowering, lovely flowers, great markings and color, terrific growing to produce so many flowers on the first bloom! Just think what it's going to be doing in the future if it keeps this up! Wow is all I can say. Whose breeding is that from?

Thanks for your wonderful kind comment. Not really sure who's breeding it is from. Got it from Orchid Inn that said it came from Orchid Zone breeding but Terry Root said he doesn't know the clone 'Prancer' but may have given pollen of ''Hummungus' away. This plant is about 8 years from flask!!!!

My goal is to grow it into a specimen with at least 2-3 flower spike in the future and it already has 6 growths on it in 4 years.

I grow it really warm year round and most people fail at growing Paph stonei because it's rapid growth starts in the late fall and winter when we don't have enough light and warmth.

Medium is a bit of chc and moss. The rest is limestone chips, lava rock, crushed coral, dolomite granules as the potting medium in an 8 inch pot.

Paphman910

Latest posts

Back