Fed Ex Strikes Again!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never want UPS or FedEx to deliver anything across the border. Their brokerage fees for processing through customs are out of this world and can double or triple the total price of the package. If an eBay seller doesn't ship through USPS, I simply won't buy. USPS packages are taken over by Canada Post without brokerage fees.

Shiva, you've got to be careful about USPS to Canada Post, too. I live across Lake St. Clair and the Detroit River from Windsor...on a clear day I can see it. Anyway, I sold a boat part on ebay to a guy in Windsor and sent it via USPS. It went from Detroit to Windsor via Montreal!

Strange route to say the least. But I haven't had any problem so far. Since I live east of Montreal, I assume everything goes through there before being delivered to me.

except for the flasks that had paph thaianum in them from thailand that someone played football with, I have had excellent luck using usps priority mail. things shipped from the west coast very often get here in upstate ny delivered including the shipping day, taking two whole days. I just picked up a non-orchid package today that came from california (a bike shop) to my po box in 1.5 days, which is exactly from when it hit the first post office to when it made it to my po box. that's just amazing

now, shipping a box of cloths and such from new mexico to wyoming took over a week (actually about two) and was a shorter distance than from west coast to east coast, probably though a lack of large airports for big shipping

My experience with FedEx in the past had been stellar. But not so recently. Last winter I had a delivery of orchids from Hawaii via FedEx. I knew it was coming, I was home waiting for it, but sometime during the three minutes I was not at my desk looking out the window for the truck, he dropped off the box at my front door and DIDN'T RING THE BELL. It was well below freezing, and the box sat out there for 2.5 hours before I opened to the door wondering where it was. The box had "live plants" written in big red letters on every side. I called FedEx and complained, and was told that drivers are supposed to ring the bell every time. Well, I've had numerous deliveries from them since then, and still they don't ring.

Luckily the vendor (Kawamoto Orchids) packed that box like it was going to the north pole, and the plants survived without any problem whatsoever.

FedEx just isn't the same since Tom Hanks quit working for them!

FedEx stuck a box of orchids in the snow bank under my mailbox one winter (plainly labeled in clear letters "KEEP FROM HEAT AND COLD" , "LIVE PLANTS"). I NEVER get orchids after the weather here gets bad - never know where they will end up!

I have had stellar experiences with Fedex... But I have all of my packages held at the climate controlled office for pick up. Luckily I have a Fedex office .25 mile from my office.

Latest posts

Back