Fed Ex Strikes Again!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
i have the worst luck with fed ex..emailed me to say they delivered my flasks at 141 pm today...never recieved it, been here the entire time...has anyone else ever received an email about delivery and not received the package?..wondering if they may do batch scans and deliver later

You should call them. I had a UPS package mis-delivered but they were able to tell where the package had gone and got it straightened out.

I have had good luck with Fedex but I usually have important packages held for pickup.

none of the 'obvious' issues, like shipper's fault, are the problem..fedex screwed up and hence, i would like to know if fedex does this...sends the email when delivery hasnt happened?..otherwise they delivered to wrong address or someone stole off my porch (in the 30 seconds it took to get to my porch from the time the email was posted)

You should call them. I had a UPS package mis-delivered but they were able to tell where the package had gone and got it straightened out.

I have had good luck with Fedex but I usually have important packages held for pickup.

yeah, i did

I had that happen to me! It was delivery to a drug store by accident! The mailing address was clearly written on the package. The mail man still delivered it to a completely different address. It was with Fedex. I phones them and they said it was delivered! The next day the drug store returned the parcel and it was delivered to the right address THIS time! EXCEPT they left the parcel outside on the side of the steps!

Talk about poor service!

Paphman910

The delivery notice is generated when the driver scans the box and marks it delivered. They don't send out emails just because it is out for delivery.

Did you look at the online tracking? If it is marked as delivered then the package was delivered....somewhere.

The delivery notice is generated when the driver scans the box and marks it delivered. They don't send out emails just because it is out for delivery.

Did you look at the online tracking? If it is marked as delivered then the package was delivered....somewhere.
Check online for the Time of Delivery and compare that to the time you received the email notification. There can be significant delays in the email getting to your Inbox. It might have sat on your porch for an hour before the email arrived. Enough time for someone to swipe it.

For stuff such as this, I ask the shipper to require a signature on delivery. That way, it won't sit on your porch. Good luck!

wow thats too bad. I love FED EX and use them exclusively because their service was so far superior to that of UPS and the USPS

Gotten and sent plenty of things via FedEx, and scan e-mails have always been 100% accurate.

I also had a bad luck using fedex. I was waiting for my package the whole day and was tracking it online every hour or so during the delivery date. Apparently they can't find my address where it was clearly written there. unbelievable...

this is the second time in 6 months to happen to me...they delivered it three blocks away, not sure how they were confused by the address...the person they delivered it to was kind enough to walk it over to my house at 9pm

Did they make it? Did you look in the garbage!? :p I still cant get over when the delivery guy left a check for $50,000 for me sitting in the lobby! :(

My experience with FedEx in the past had been stellar. But not so recently. Last winter I had a delivery of orchids from Hawaii via FedEx. I knew it was coming, I was home waiting for it, but sometime during the three minutes I was not at my desk looking out the window for the truck, he dropped off the box at my front door and DIDN'T RING THE BELL. It was well below freezing, and the box sat out there for 2.5 hours before I opened to the door wondering where it was. The box had "live plants" written in big red letters on every side. I called FedEx and complained, and was told that drivers are supposed to ring the bell every time. Well, I've had numerous deliveries from them since then, and still they don't ring.

Luckily the vendor (Kawamoto Orchids) packed that box like it was going to the north pole, and the plants survived without any problem whatsoever.

FedEx just isn't the same since Tom Hanks quit working for them!

Latest posts

Back