Fall Colors at a Shinto Shrine

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow Tom those maple leaf colors mixed with the Ginkgo yellow are amazing ! Great sequence !!!! (did the Ginkgos bear 'fruits'?) Jean

Thanks, that was very nice. Your narration is informative and thoughtful. Keep it up. We're enjoying.

Tom, how old is this particular shrine? Did you say how old it is and I missed it? If those Japanese Maples are similar to the types we can buy here (and there are many), the age of those slow growing trees and the size
is astounding. I assume the bright reds are or related to 'Yoshio Beni' that
are widely available here, but hard to grow into a mature tree. How beautiful and graceful they are!

I'm glad you all enjoyed it. The companion video of the nearby river, town, and hillside should be up sometime this week.

(did the Ginkgos bear 'fruits'?)

Yes, they did Jean. They usually drop them in September, well before the leaves change color. They are quite delicious.

Tom, how old is this particular shrine? Did you say how old it is and I missed it? If those Japanese Maples are similar to the types we can buy here (and there are many), the age of those slow growing trees and the size
is astounding. I assume the bright reds are or related to 'Yoshio Beni' that
are widely available here, but hard to grow into a mature tree. How beautiful and graceful they are!

Interesting question, I'm not sure, but the shrine is certainly hundreds of years old. The shrine has had a few incarnations, so exactly how old the site has been occupied I'm not sure. The maples are indeed pretty old, as are the ginkgos. Not sure about the types planted.

beautiful video ,I love Japan but if someone ask me why I love it and oriental culture I wouldn't be capable to answer, I have in my house a rock Japanese lanterns ,I love art bonsai,I love tea,I love Japanese ancient music ,I love carp koy ,I love oriental movie,and most of all japanese gardens, all of this situation are very relaxing for me.
I think that I should go one day in this far country,in my imagination I always thought to this land with a halo of mistery too, I would like to do a trip in the rural land .
Its my dream,I hope that come truth before I die.
this is my lantern

img5064p.jpg

img5066r.jpg

anna

Latest posts

Back