Fairrieanum comparison

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.K.Hansen

Reaction score
Here's my Oz remake side by side with one of my "normal" Popow fairrieanums.
My experience with this spicies is limited, so I can't tell wether the Oz is big, or the other is small :D
45560541435_96da0825a6_c.jpg

32601118078_147f605a9a_c.jpg

Much to Terrys credit, he spent years breeding this species and I would say, quite successful in bettering the species. I would assume that very few if many other breeders have worked as much as Terry did at OZ with not only this species but also henryanum, charlesworthii and gratrixianum. Those seemed to be his favorites (having been a regular visitor). His roth projects surely launched other programs that made roths what they are today, as well as bellatulum and niveum.

Im glad that people have picked up where OZ unfortunately stopped with fairrieanum and will continue to improve this great species.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Popow from Germany seemed to have bought quite a few OZ-clones when they closed down...I count myself lucky to have acquired a very nice lowii!
I damn myself that I didn't buy more of the OZ-plants he offered, as they were among the best things since sliced bread - but I was new to the game, then, and didn't know, what was in my own best interest. By Jove, I considered them a bit pricey then....aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh! :eek: :eek: Since then I have taken quite a few steps further down the slipper(y) slope!

I, too, vote for the left one, both in respect to colour, intensity, form - and compared to the other one, definitely also size!

Glad that Popow now is selling this remake - and looking forward to mine will be blooming too!

PS. What happened to the in-toto shots of the plants?! :D

Kind regards,
Jens

Latest posts

Back