Dragons Blood

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be away from the internet for a few days.
If you want to order Dragons Blood send me a PM to get your name on the list and I'll contact you when i get back online.

Any questions about Dragons Blood can probably be answered by forum members who use it.

Nice fairy tale anyway! Jatropha dioica is also called Sangre de Grado (sic) in Mexico... So better always take the latin names, as the vernacular are misleading.
Originally, 'grado' in spanish would be just 'degree' , and never 'dragon'. But it's a very common misspelling we have, too, in the Canaries. Suposedly some red dragon blood came from here, from Dracaena draco, but unfortunately the story begins at a time the islands, though inhabited, still weren't discovered by the spaniards. :rollhappy:
But there have been found Dracaena in the Atlas more recently and 'of course, the well known D. socotrana from Yemen' would have been the other source of medieval european 'dragon blood'.
On the other side there is no evidency that dragons were really evil, until christianzation and St. Georg. When all the evil begun, as in central and south america.

Let's hope Croton lericheana-sap it is a good remedy against ulcer!

There's medicinal uses though it's illegal for me to talk about it.
(nothing like seeing pink flying elephants)

Tested and approved on paphs, provided you accept that you have stains of it for a long time… ;) (it can be interesting to tell people what it is then ;)

Got mine today. Thanks Lance. I assume I dab it on concerning spots.

Sorry I just saw this post.
Yes one drop on an infected area. Or more drops if the area is too big to be covered with one. spread with your finger or cotton swab. (Dragons blood is non toxic to your skin.) I usually apply to both top and bottom leaf surface.

If the infection is near the crown of a growth I put a drop or two directly in the leaf axil so it acts as a barrier to advancing infection.

Latest posts

Back