Dragons Blood

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A lot of members have been asking me for Dragons Blood. If you want some let me know either here of by PM. I'll be in Calif. next week and will have a limited supply available (first come, first served).

If you have any questions I'll try to respond as quickly as possible.

Also really young ignorant hippie kids buy it because they think it is a form of Opium which is hysterical. Due to this reason a lot of smoke shops have it and you would never know.

yeah bed bath and beyond also has bath salts lol.. the product is the same at smoke shops?

Also really young ignorant hippie kids buy it because they think it is a form of Opium which is hysterical. Due to this reason a lot of smoke shops have it and you would never know.

No...it's a different plant entirely, not even closely related and comes from Africa I believe. It is actually a hard rock like resin as opposed to the liquid resin we have.

Dragons Blood in English and Sangre de Grado in Spanish is a liquid sap (called a resin for some reason). It is from the species Croton lechleri and used only as a medicine and not magic or narcotic.

No...it's a different plant entirely, not even closely related and comes from Africa I believe. It is actually a hard rock like resin as opposed to the liquid resin we have.

ahhh... you are correct. the stuff I know is the hard resin stuff. I used to see people making a killing off of it a dead shows.

There are many plants with a sap/resin called 'Sangre de Grado'...... and most of them are just misspelled.

There are many plants with a sap/resin called 'Sangre de Grado'...... and most of them are just misspelled.

The plant we are working with is specifically Croton lechleri. In peru the common name is Sangre de Grado, In other countries it is sometimes spelled Sangre de Drago. Both Grado and Drago mean dragon and of course sange is blood. In English both translate to dragons blood.

The African Dragons Blood is a hard resin that is blood red and is used mostly in witchcraft as a "magic" ingrediant. The ancient name is associated with the power of blood from evil dragons.

The Peruvian Dragons Blood is a liquid that the Natives of the Amazon have used for as long as anyone knows. It is only used as a cure for certain health problems. It was known well to the Incas who traded high elevation herbs for to the rain forest natives for it.

The name Sangre de Grado was given by the Spanish Conquistadors when they invaded the Peruvian Amazon in search of El Dorado. The Spaniards tried to penetrate the low Amazonian forest and experienced extreme health issues, many were dieing from infections both external and internal. They encountered a peaceful native tribe that offered them health care. The native healers gave them the red liquid and like "magic" their health improved and their lives were saved. Of course the Spanish wanted to know what the liquid was so they were shown the Croton tree and told the liquid was from the tree. The Native healer showed them how to obtain the resin in the correct way which for Natives includes a prayer or chant asking for the help from the tree. Then the tree was cut with a knife and it bled red blood, it bleeds quickly just as if it was an animal being cut. The Spaniard leader exclaimed it was Sangre de Grado! The tree was in reality a dragon sleeping in disguise, and it was a good dragon sent to protect the Spaniards. Thus the name Dragons Blood.

Sadly after the Spaniards recovered with the help of the Natives, they mascaraed the Natives because they did not have the gold of El Dorado and they were heathens. This story was extracted from the journal of the priest that was with the Spaniards to there probably is a degree of truth to it, in any case it is interesting.

Back