Done with Orchid Zone

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
This company is crap. I thought I would give them a second chance. Terrible communication and only when I threatened with an ebay complaint did they finally send it. The multi-growth plant I was lead to believe I was getting..was a one growth plant. They are just flat out liars and I am tired of dealing with them...too tired to deal with sending it back. I will just take this post as my means of retribution.

Did you try to contact John thru this forum?

After the last communication disaster with John over my previous roth order, I have no intention of trying anything.

Also , their negative complaints on eBay have risen over the last month too

They have resorted to some deceptive practices..posting pictures of plants , saying the plants you will receive are like the one pictured..and the voila, not like the ones pictured. They have a delenatii compot now for bid..with a picture of a compot of about 30 -40 plants...I bet that is not what they are selling. The previous roth order I got was supposed to be 5 NFS never bloomed before roths...as they said in their email ad..that is not what I got..they were all bloomed out. There are several recent complaints on ebay attesting to their deception.. Orchid Zone lies, plain and simple....BUYER BEWARE!!

Just gonna be done with them...anything they say from now on I cant believe

Last edited:
I am so annoyed I had to buy another orchid on ebay (different seller, of course) just to balance everything out...orchids are annoying

:fight:

I second that. Remember this post? http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43400

I know the truth about them and now I know you also know the truth. This was not a one off for them. This is how they treat customers.

Why contact John through this forum? His email and cell phone number is posted on their website. The only problem is they are not interested in returning any emails or phone calls. Only after I disputed the charges through Paypal did I get any resolution.

Good Luck!

There are plenty of other sellers out there.

What amazes me is knowing that this is how they do business not very many people speak up and tell their experiences. Why is that?

This company is crap. I thought I would give them a second chance. Terrible communication and only when I threatened with an ebay complaint did they finally send it. The multi-growth plant I was lead to believe I was getting..was a one growth plant. They are just flat out liars and I am tired of dealing with them...too tired to deal with sending it back. I will just take this post as my means of retribution.
Do you think the problem is with the staff ? that John is too busy to know about the situation ?
I hesitate to bother him . Last year I got two godefroyae/leucochilum Thai/Japanese black breeding from orchid zone , unfortunately , one plant infected with some kind of brownish/translucent oozing leaf (I would venture to guess that had the plants were sent dried instead of wetted, the infection might not had occured in the shipping box)
I contacted John right away at the time, he told me that he would give me a credit or refund, since i have not interested in any listed plant for a while until recently , I just sent him an email inquiring whether the credit is still good .
Hopefully I would receive some answer soon .
I do think that it is just the case of he is busy and I am sure it is hard to run a business since one can not do everything himself/herself but relies on the employees/workers to accomplished thing without screwing up thing for oneself .

Hien. This is a question I posed to one of his guys who I will not mentions his name. I asked him directly "is john so busy or overwhelmed that he just can't keep up or is it that he is incompetent?" His guy told me a little of both but mostly of the second one.

I never met John I talked to him one time when originally placing my order, but then in 4-6 weeks he would never bother to return many phone calls or emails.

I would like to see how long it takes him to get back to you and what your experience is with him.

I think this is how they operate the business.

Do you think the problem is with the staff ? that John is too busy to know about the situation ?
I hesitate to bother him . Last year I got two godefroyae/leucochilum Thai/Japanese black breeding from orchid zone , unfortunately , one plant infected with some kind of brownish/translucent oozing leaf (I would venture to guess that had the plants were sent dried instead of wetted, the infection might not had occured in the shipping box)
I contacted John right away at the time, he told me that he would give me a credit or refund, since i have not interested in any listed plant for a while until recently , I just sent him an email inquiring whether the credit is still good .
Hopefully I would receive some answer soon .
I do think that it is just the case of he is busy and I am sure it is hard to run a business since one can not do everything himself/herself but relies on the employees/workers to accomplished thing without screwing up thing for oneself .

I have talked to John directly through email about the previous roth order I had ..either he is clueless to how things are being run (especially with marketing) or he is deciding the marketing ...either way , the end result is the same and he is the responsible party. I have sent other emails trying to get clarification on other issues...but they don't respond anymore. A business only runs as good as the person in charge's abilities. Seems like they are sacrificing customer service for making a buck

I second that. Remember this post? http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43400

I know the truth about them and now I know you also know the truth. This was not a one off for them. This is how they treat customers.

Why contact John through this forum? His email and cell phone number is posted on their website. The only problem is they are not interested in returning any emails or phone calls. Only after I disputed the charges through Paypal did I get any resolution.

Good Luck!

There are plenty of other sellers out there.

yes, there are

It is sad to hear this kind of stories from such a well-known vendor.
Customer service is very important, so is honesty.

I hope they clear up before ruining the long held reputation of the name any further.

Yup. My experience has been similar. It is a shame as the OZ under Terry was amazing. Harder and harder to find quality plants AND service in this hobby.

Hein, if you do get a refund and a plant replacement, be extra sure you check the rootzone before you set in your grow area...just saying

Hein, if you do get a refund and a plant replacement, be extra sure you check the rootzone before you set in your grow area...just saying
Thanks for mention this , in fact i should start to pay attention to all new plants from all sources before put them into the collection.
The problem is not many of us has the luxury of a separate quarantine growing space to ensure new plants are separate for at least a few months before put them with the rest of the plants .

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I learned a long time ago, if the plant pictured is not the plant you will get, I skip it. That was a $48.81 purchase + $12.00 shipping Lesson Learned.

Sorry you had such a bad experience. I learned a long time ago, if the plant pictured is not the plant you will get, I skip it. That was a $48.81 purchase + $12.00 shipping Lesson Learned.

yeah , mine was a 110 plus 25 shipping experience for a one growth gloria naugle..total ripoff

If more people spoke up I'm sure that there are a lot more people who have been taken advantage of by Orchid Zone. Like I said I'm convinced this is how they do business now.

Latest posts

Back