• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

d'allesandroi?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I saw this ebay listing for d'allesandroi, and they don't even have a picture of the plant for sale, or a photograph of the flower. instead they have a print or painting of a besseae (there's no yellow blaze in the center of the flower). so, how would you have any idea what you are getting? does anyone know of d'allesandroi seedlings or fischeri seedlings for sale anywhere?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390113430637#ht_1413wt_1167

I think he is a member here. That add has been up for quite a while! I got mine from Dennis and I think Tom Kalina is another source.

Last edited:
Orchid Babies often has fisherii seedlings for sale.

Have you checked the Orchids Limited site too?

Also check with Windy Hill (you may have to call rather than just check the price list).

Neither of the species should be impossible to find.

yes, I saw that orchidbabies had fischeri for sale at a decent price, but I didn't pull the trigger and they are gone. I have seen it for sale at two other places, but at prohibitive prices. I may have seen d'allesandroi for sale somewhere a little while back, but not at a price I'm willing to spend for a plant. if it isn't going to provide food or income right now, it's not a possibility. I did have a nice plant that was sold to me of d'allesandroi and it was grown from seedlings, and I believe that the plant originally did come from the wild (seed or other from parent), but it had no yellow blaze in the middle of the plant and had too many indicators that it was a natural hybrid

I would not recommend buying anything from that vendor. They were one of the first eBay vendors I dealt with, and the quality and service were so disappointing on 2 orders that I gave up on eBay completely for a couple years. It has been quite a few years since then so it is possible my experience was not typical or they have improved, but they won't get another chance from me.

Like others, I too have been window shopping that advertisement for a while. Thank you.

Have actually never seen that listing. However, I too have dealt with this vendor, but it has been many years since. I suspect the plant will be exactly what the listing says it is, but make sure you read the listing carefully so there are no surprises. I also will not do business with them again.

Craig

I have dealt with this vendor and I had a very bad time!:mad: Never again!!!!

Ramon:)

That photo looks like the cover photo of an old Slipper book by Catherine Cash. I avoid that vendor...bought from her once. Plants were OK, but her prices are high and she takes forever to ship....notice how few bids she gets, and how she offers the same plants every week....that shows more than the feedback.

Back