Website Additions and Misc.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that the Fox Valley website and shopping cart are back in service, I added the following items just a while ago:

1) Phrag. Mem. Estelle Getty (flask) - a remake of a hybrid registered by R-J.
Quene' (Drorchid) using our albino longifolium fma album 'Fox Valley Mint'
and a beautiful pale purple fischeri. Looking for some unusual colors here.

2) Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball (Barbara Le Ann 'Select' x Rosalie Dixler 'Fox
Valley' AM/AOS) (seedling) - an exact remake of the hybrid that has
garnered AOS awards in the past for it's outstanding color and form.
Seedlings have 4-6" leaf spans.

Also just received the first Phrag. besseae 'Fox Valley' FCC/AOS (x self) flasks from the lab last week. The seedlings are still too small to ship, but should be ready in 4-6 weeks.

Finally, we have Phrag. besseae fma flavum 'Green Gold' (x self) seedlings that will be approaching salable size in about 6 weeks. This is the pale yellow-green clone selfing that I'm hoping may result in the first pure white besseae flower. Maybe unlikely, but it's worth a try.

Last edited:
Please write my name on one of the 'Green Gold' besseae. I am also interested in the Phrag kaieteurum. Do you have photos of the selfed parent plant? Or do you know the leaf span when blooming?

Hi Chad ,

You're first on the list for one of the Phrag. besseae 'Green Gold' selfings as soon as they're ready.

Unfortunately, I don't have a plant photo of Phrag. kaieteurum 'Fox Valley'. I divided the plant down to one growth and almost lost it. It is just now showing a small growth beside the old growth that almost perished. I think it'll survive, but it will be a long time before it reaches blooming size again.

The Phrag. Fox Valley Fireball seedlings are now gone as well (Thanks!). May have six more of salable size in time for the Chicagoland Orchidfest/ Mid-America Orchid Congress being held concurrently the weekend of Sept. 25-27 in Naperville and Villa Park, IL. We will once again have a table at Hausermann's as one of their guest growers.

Latest posts

Back