Cypripedium segawai

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dido,

my plant is a swap, not from Jeff.
The plant has visible buds but is not as advanced as others - I have a few hybrdis and species showing buds now.

David

Thanks for that Info.
I hope mine will flower too. Lets wait and see.

Formosanum is starting already, cannot stop it even more.

Very nice! I have a couple of plants that have bloomed this year. I have cross pollenated one flower in order to stress the plant as little as possible since it is young. I will collect the green pod at 6 weeks. With Cyps for which I have no experience I always do green pods, then I am more or less (sometimes very much less!) guaranteed to get at least some seedlings.

Ron

I bought this plant in 2008 from a Japanese grower who also grew Neofinetias and other Japanese orchids. It took me some time to figure its requirements out. Aside from growing it up from a seedling I had to adjust to the fact that unlike the other Cypripediums with which I am familiar, this one has a ~9 month growing season before it goes into the refrigerator for the winter. I finally think that I have it made it happy. The purple dots on the flower seem to be normal, although this is my first flowering of it.

I try to translate what people say on you in my country: " Man with green fingers"- " A Zöldujjú".
Congrats, very nice!

Very nice! I have a couple of plants that have bloomed this year. I have cross pollenated one flower in order to stress the plant as little as possible since it is young. I will collect the green pod at 6 weeks. With Cyps for which I have no experience I always do green pods, then I am more or less (sometimes very much less!) guaranteed to get at least some seedlings.

Ron

Thanks Ron. In the end, I chickened out. I did send some pollen to another grower who I hope will find it useful.

Latest posts

Back