Cymbidium goeringii "Kōrin" (Japanese variety) 日本春蘭「光琳」

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jokerpass

Reaction score
Cymbidium goeringii "Kōrin" (Japanese variety) 日本春蘭「光琳」A miniature Cymbidium goeringii species with an orange flower. To look at the progress of this year's growth, I removed the top pumice mix layer (small grade pumice blend). There are 2 new growths. The green growth is above the pumice so it is green, the other white growth is still below the surface so it is white, but I think it should poke out from the surface in the next 2 weeks or so. I also found 2 buds on the 2 old growths (a growth from last year and a growth from 2 years ago). Like all Cymbidium goeringii, the buds are set in the middle of the summer when it is hot (25C-30C, we had some dizzying 30C+ hot days in Toronto last week). So again, Cymbidium goeringii buds in the heat of the summer, no cold is required to trigger bud formation. In about 4-5 week time, I have to start the bud shading process to ensure that I get a very nice orange colour in the spring. The last picture is a flower that bloomed 2 seasons ago. Last year, there were 2 buds but I snipped them off to skip a year. This is quite an easy variety, it can bud and bloom every year. 1688944528177.png1688944542523.png1688944560194.jpeg1688944570756.png

Latest posts

Back