Cypripedium 2011

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I saw your fasciolatum, seems like very big flower.
This is my small farreri....mini size

Attachments

• DSC02402.jpg
    DSC02402.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC02410.jpg
    DSC02410.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 18
Hello, I saw your fasciolatum, seems like very big flower.
This is my small farreri....mini size

looks great, how big is it. Did you have the feeling that it starts growing later than fasciolatum.
The maybe plants of farreri I have are much slower than the fasciolatums, and a little different in the growth. Mybe a plant I get from England will flower this year. ( if it will be a true one)

So did you had a diffenrent by startting growth or not.

I have a hybrid It is not even out of the earth, so I think some high mountain species need longer time to start growing.

Did anyone have a similar experience feeling. :confused:

looks great, how big is it. Did you have the feeling that it starts growing later than fasciolatum.
The maybe plants of farreri I have are much slower than the fasciolatums, and a little different in the growth. Mybe a plant I get from England will flower this year. ( if it will be a true one)

So did you had a diffenrent by startting growth or not.

I have a hybrid It is not even out of the earth, so I think some high mountain species need longer time to start growing.

Did anyone have a similar experience feeling. :confused:

Hello Dido, You are right, this species need long dormancy like tibeticum because it's situ cool climate. Of course, in artificial conditions, they will change a bit that bloom in April or May. Spike height about 15cm.

Dear yijawang,

please make for me photo from Staminodium of your farreri. Thank you very much

staminode not staminodium

stam.jpg

Thank likespaphs for your lovely red arrow,
Hakone, sorry too late, I make hybrid yesterday....

Just took pictures for staminodium, if you need other point of view, please let me know.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 7
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg