Cypripedium 2011

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is well-known smithii = tibeitcum var. calcicola = calcicolum. Did I say others?

No sorry if you understand me wrong.

I have spoken wih perner about this Flower.

He says the only name who can be used is calcicola, due to latin reason he explained.

here his answer in German.

die letzte abgebildete Pflanze auf dem von Ihnen zugesandten link zeigt eine Form von Cypripedium tibeticum. Sie hat ebensowenig wie die gelbgrundige Form (daher Schuh dunkelbraun) von Cyp. tibeticum, die darüber agbeildet ist, mit Cyp. calcicloa zu tun. Cyp. smithii ist ein Homonym von Cypripedium Smithii, einer künstlichen Paphiopedilum-Hybride, und kann daher nicht verwendet werden, auch wenn der Hybridenname des Paphiopedilums heute selbst nicht mehr gültig ist, nächstgültiger Name für das Cypripedium ist Cyp. calcicola. Die ursprünglich gewählte Form Cyp. calcicolum ist laut Latein-Fachleute falsch, also muss es calcicola heißen. Typische Merkmale dieser Art sind die kurzen, schmalen, zugespitzen Petalen, die sehr weite Schuhöffnung des gedrungenen Schuhs und die sehr deutliche Fensterung der Schuhrückseite.

Try to translate it.

the plant in that Link to the forum has nothing to do with calcicola, she is a form of Tibeticum. Seh has nothing to do like the yellow influenced one in the pictures before. Cyp Smithii is a Homonym of cyp Smithii not natural Pahiopedilum Hybrid and can therfore not be used to name it smithii. The hybrid Paph name Smithii is therfore althought not anymore use for this name. The first form calciolum can not be used due to his latin origin and about this it has to be called calcicola.
The typical Form for this kind are the short and thin verry taper form of the petal and a big oppening of the labellum. the pouch is not that big and the big of the pouch should be very clearly window like ( hope I get this right:confused:).

So if you dont belive you can contact him yourself, and he will tell you.

You can discuss with him your Theory about the staminodium.

Sorry for my bad translation :sob:

Summary:

C. Calcicola = tibeticum + Typische Merkmale dieser Art sind die kurzen, schmalen, zugespitzen Petalen, die sehr weite Schuhöffnung des gedrungenen Schuhs und die sehr deutliche Fensterung der Schuhrückseite

I will make further photos:sob:

After Ecarrius:

cyp. calcicola = cyp. tibeticum var. calcicola, or that is wrong?

-------------------------------------------------------

Yes I have and there the others told you too, that this is not smithii.

At Eccarius you will find a lot of pictures without a white edge at labellum opening.

So you have to tell the Experts which do a lot of research that they are wrong.

And by the way. HE only mention any more tibeticum ssp calciocola and only speak as synonyme from smithii.

The staminoide from his pict of calcicola and tibeticum looks sometimes the same.

Do you have a list or a data collection which is showing that with this staminoide it will be tibeticum or whith thta it will be smithii.

We had the same discussion with Yiyia at Farreri.

Please discuss this with Perner.

he said that it is not a tibeticum var. calcicola.

So many people in so different forums told you now that it is not a correct one.

Please discuss this with Dr. Perner one of the main experts of Cypripediums I think.

if you dont have his mail Adress, PM me and I will give it to you.

also after Dr. Perner :

cyp. calcicola = tibeticum var. calcicola.

So many people in so different forums told you now that it is not a correct one.

And you laubst it :D

Please discuss this with Perner.

he said that it is not a tibeticum var. calcicola.

Please discuss this with Dr. Perner one of the main experts of Cypripediums I think.

if you dont have his mail Adress, PM me and I will give it to you.

Dido,
thanks you very much, but all Slippertalk forum user would like to read with, Dr. Perner is cordially invited in the forum.

Why I should with it privately discuss.

Nice to here that,
will look forward to see him on the forum.

by the way where did you buy it. At V... or another seller,
If you have it from germany as you told.

Where is 'there'?? Maybe it is summer there! I think Hakone said it's zone 8, so these blooms would be on par with that.

Back