Currently in bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nikv

Hi!

It's been ages since I've shared any orchid photos with you all, so I'm trying to correct that. First, I have Cattleya bowringiana var. coerulea. I purchased this plant from Tropical Orchid Farms many years ago and it blooms every Fall. This is the first of four spikes this year.

IMG_2104a.jpg

IMG_2108a.jpg

Next, I was surprised this morning when I went into the greenhouse to water. I saw something bright pink towards the back. This one is Cattleya maxima.

IMG_2111a.jpg

IMG_2113a.jpg

Lastly, I have a first time bloomer. This one is Stanhopea panamensis. I purchased this one from Tropical Orchid Farm. No scent that I can detect.

IMG_2118a.jpg

IMG_2114a.jpg

Best Regards,
Nik

Very nice Nik. I particularily like the stanhopea. A rare one and an exceptional clear picture for a type of flowers that is hard to photograph. :)

NYEric, I drench it once per week with the garden hose. Sometimes twice per week during the summer. I water it from the top and get it thoroughly wet.

Do you know what fern that is growing in there with it?
Unfortunately, I don't know it. This fern is a "volunteer". I have it growing in a few pots. I think it originally hitched a ride with the green moss that I use to line the baskets. It's pretty, so I don't mind it.

Latest posts

Back