Check this e-bay offering out

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see there is a villosum now on Hilltop's listing, but for a really high price...something like $69? I hope its awarded....otherwise, no villsoum should cost that much. I got one of similar size from Clackamas this year for maybe $10, and much less shipping.

That auction has ended now. There was no cultivar name mentioned for the plant nor was there any mention of awards being associated with that plant. There was no photo of that particular plant's flower and no mention of its parentage either.The only thing it said was three growths. Is a nice large three-growth villosum worth 62.49 + $14.55 shipping? I don't have a clue.

Some of the other plants I have seen being offered in the past week or two seem to me to be a little bit overpriced as well...this is just my non-expert opinion. I could be wrong. It's not that I am unaccustomed to spending a pretty penny for a plant. Lord knows I have dropped uber mega dollars on many a plant in recent years, but these have been nice divisions of super rare named varieties of Neofinetia falcata, variegated and dwarf Sedireas, a fine selected Sapphire's Indigo Blue Equalacea (Phal.), carefully tended divisions of extremely rare and collectible varieties of Rohdea japonica and so forth.

Back