Cattleya warscewiczii semialba ‘Pink Trumpette’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Btw, it reminds me to the famous Katia form. My favourite s/a gigas form is Bedford,anyway. But every gigas is a treasure for every catt lover! It amezed me how you bloom that indoor???It needs many-many light!!!

That is spectacular! Any tips on culture? Can't seem to get my albas to flower!
Thanks all for the nice comments.

I grow it 3 inches from a two foot T5 6400K sun blaster under semi-hydro. Gets 3300 fc at that distance.

I do water all year long, drying completely more during winter Nov-March. Feed on rotation.

Btw, it reminds me to the famous Katia form. My favourite s/a gigas form is Bedford,anyway. But every gigas is a treasure for every catt lover! It amezed me how you bloom that indoor???It needs many-many light!!!
The lip color esp side lobes do reminisce of ‘Katia’, and that’s why I adore it.

Yes high high light!

Beautiful.
Is trumpet spelled correctly?
I actually named it ‘Trumpette’ thinking it was an adorable description of a trumpet. Now I realized that is far from that as the true definition of what it means is not what I intended.

Ooops.

It will be changed to ‘Pink Trumpet’ lol.

Trumpette sounded like a feminine version of Trumpet (as in Smurfette!) and thought it was a good, different name.

Latest posts

Back