Cattleya marcaliana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naoki

Reaction score
It's a relatively newly described species, close to C. harpophylla and C. kautskyi. I got this from AWZ Orchids 3 years ago. The midlobe of the lip is narrow. I'm growing it at a warm-end of intermediate temp.

Photos from June 19.

P6194367.jpg P6194385.jpg P6194394.jpg P6194403.jpg

Left petal and sepal are showing the abaxial surface. Others are showing the adaxial surface.
P6194404.jpg P6194405.jpg P6194406.jpg P6194407.jpg P6194408.jpg

I think it was described in 2002 as genus Dungsia, but I haven't seen many available. After the import, it dropped most of the leaves, and it has been slowly recovering and I think this is the second year blooming. Are you interested in seeds? If so, I'll self next year. BTW, some of Neo did set fruits.

Yes, I accidentally post in a wrong place, and I'm hoping the admin to move it. I don't think I can move.

Philippe, the small junks do look like thrips, but they are actually seeds (I think it was from Phrag. boissierianum). I should have cleaned it.

Yes, according to the original description, it is from Altantic Forest of southern Bahia, near Buerarema, elevation 200-300m. I think the geographic distribution is pretty limited.

I think it was described in 2002 as genus Dungsia, but I haven't seen many available. After the import, it dropped most of the leaves, and it has been slowly recovering and I think this is the second year blooming. Are you interested in seeds? If so, I'll self next year. BTW, some of Neo did set fruits.
Yes definitely self it next year! I can't imagine this one showing up here. Great news on the neos! I wait with anticipation. I just bought a rather sickly division of a purple coloured neo on ebay. Way too expensive but the ''time to buy is when you see it''. If it survives and actually flowers I will post a pic.

Latest posts

Back