Cattl. mossiae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Lovely and you too have an erect dorsal!
What can I do, but echo David!

Before I read his comment, by the way, I was considering praising the flowers upright dorsal (á la: nice to see for once a Catt with an upright dorsal)- but was a bit weary, whether such a comment would antagonize the hardcore kernel of Catt-people here! 🤭

NEslipper

Reaction score
Beautiful, glad this one survived the spring clean out!

PeteM

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
I’m jealous again of everyone’s mossiae in bloom. Thanks for sharing!

Brabantia

Reaction score
Beautifull flowering !. What is your fertilization regime to obtain such a beautiful bloom. (Nitrogen ppm and distribution frequency please)

dodidoki

Reaction score
Beautifull flowering !. What is your fertilization regime to obtain such a beautiful bloom. (Nitrogen ppm and distribution frequency please)
600 uS , every waterings, in winter 300 uS.Fertilizers are Peters Excel Ca+Mg and Peters Blossom Booster, in spring 3:1 and shifted to 1:1 gradually till fall.Water is rain water, measured conductivity about 50 uS here.I attached a pic, purpurata with 6 buds on one stem.

Attachments

dodidoki

Reaction score
Watering once per week in summer, once per 3 weeks in winter, but depends on sunshine, of course.

Brabantia

Reaction score
@ dodidoki
Thank you dodidoki for your infos.
[600 uS , every waterings, in winter 300 uS.Fertilizers are Peters Excel Ca+Mg and Peters Blossom Booster, in spring 3:1 and shifted to 1:1 gradually till fall.Water is rain water, measured conductivity about 50 uS here.I attached a pic, purpurata with 6 buds on one stem.]

If you use the Peters CalMag Grower when your conductivity is 600 µS the nitrogen content of your solution (which is the most important) would be around 90 ppm (mgr/L). In fact, the technical data sheet of this fertilizer mentions a conductivity of 1000 µS with a concentration of 1 gr/L or 150 mgr/L of nitrogen. This seems very high to me. Is a such high nitrogen content common among Cattleya producers?

dodidoki

Reaction score
Maybe high, but some grower use much higher cc, I heard 1000 uS....i would never try it....600 uS works for me.