Cattl. mossiae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely and you too have an erect dorsal!
What can I do, but echo David!

Before I read his comment, by the way, I was considering praising the flowers upright dorsal (á la: nice to see for once a Catt with an upright dorsal)- but was a bit weary, whether such a comment would antagonize the hardcore kernel of Catt-people here! 🤭

Beautifull flowering !. What is your fertilization regime to obtain such a beautiful bloom. (Nitrogen ppm and distribution frequency please)

Beautifull flowering !. What is your fertilization regime to obtain such a beautiful bloom. (Nitrogen ppm and distribution frequency please)
600 uS , every waterings, in winter 300 uS.Fertilizers are Peters Excel Ca+Mg and Peters Blossom Booster, in spring 3:1 and shifted to 1:1 gradually till fall.Water is rain water, measured conductivity about 50 uS here.I attached a pic, purpurata with 6 buds on one stem.

Attachments

• 20210518_071454.jpg
    20210518_071454.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 2
@ dodidoki
Thank you dodidoki for your infos.
[600 uS , every waterings, in winter 300 uS.Fertilizers are Peters Excel Ca+Mg and Peters Blossom Booster, in spring 3:1 and shifted to 1:1 gradually till fall.Water is rain water, measured conductivity about 50 uS here.I attached a pic, purpurata with 6 buds on one stem.]

If you use the Peters CalMag Grower when your conductivity is 600 µS the nitrogen content of your solution (which is the most important) would be around 90 ppm (mgr/L). In fact, the technical data sheet of this fertilizer mentions a conductivity of 1000 µS with a concentration of 1 gr/L or 150 mgr/L of nitrogen. This seems very high to me. Is a such high nitrogen content common among Cattleya producers?

Latest posts

Back