C percivalliana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That's a beautiful clone and it's been very well grown! Congratulation!

It seems really strange to see a percivalliana displayed outside, next to a pool! Here, they're accociated with Christmas, cold and winter snow!

That's a beautiful big plant Gary.:clap:
Thank You! I just got back to town, and for the last few weeks I have been watching the buds and hoping that I did not miss the blooming this year. Last year it bloomed and was done while I was out of town. (It was a shorter trip than normal this year)

Wow! That's a beautiful clone and it's been very well grown! Congratulation!

It seems really strange to see a percivalliana displayed outside, next to a pool! Here, they're accociated with Christmas, cold and winter snow!
Our winter climate is unusual in that it drops to around zero at night, but by midday it has risen to around 20 deg C. So although bitter at night, it is pleasant on most days. Very altoplano/desert. From an orchid growing perspective, the average of 6-10% humidity is problematic, but the warm days allow me to not heat at all during winter. It does get cold in the greenhouse, down to 8 many nights, and on occasion down to 3-4, but the min low is only for a few hours before dawn. Not ideal, but not too bad either, and my plants seem to be happy?

That's an impressive specimen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an amazing colour! And great shape! And huge plant! And so floriferous!

Not bad at all.

Back