C percivalliana

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks all,

Mike, Summit?

'Flash in the pan' Rick, wish I could claim to be able to repeat the show with another.:( Another of my flowering shadecloth

I think he is referring to clone 'Summit' that has an FCC and it is though to be a hybrid from what others tell me.

It has the clonal name 'Alberts' , sorry I should have included that in my post, but the tag was tucked deeply into the basket and difficult to get to, I could just 'spy' the percival..... part of it, and did not bother to go and find a forceps to extract the tag to read the whole of it:eek:

I have 'Summit' (a division of the original, not a meristem) and I've had 'Alberts'. This clone did not strike me as 'Summit'. Yes, it looks like 'Alberts' and I'm sure that the clonal name on Gary's tag is correct. C. percivalliana 'Summit' FCC/AOS has much wider petals than 'Alberts'. Plus, as can be seen in Gary's photo, the 'Albert's clone has very saturated colour.....that is much richer than Summit's colour.

Also, I've never heard before today that anyone thought 'Summit' was a hybrid. I can't disagree with that more. IMO, there is no way 'Summit' is a hybrid. Other than being an exceptionally good show quality flower, virtually everything about it: colour hue, colour pattern, proportions, plant growth habit, flower habit, flower number, flower and plant size, bloom time, plus that particular percivalliana fragrance, tell me that 'Summit' is 100% pure percivalliana. I'd be interested in knowing just how much experience the nay-sayers have had with growing different clones of percivalliana, including the 'Summit' clone.

Baie nice plant daai. Should be nice to see how it would look in another year or two. On its way to become a be.autiful specimen

Back