Best paph armeniacum culture i see so far !!!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the coconut husk in that form is often called coir
do you know if the half burned rice hulls give some nutrients, hold water or have properties similar to charcoal?

these armeniacums are not my plants, but i'm learning how to grow them better. So, here is what I know so far. These paph armeniacum 're growing at about 4000 ft above sea level, The mix are: rice hulls, rice hulls half burn and coco (see pictures) (I don't know what it is called to be exact but these coco is from the cover of the fruit), they are growing with about 2 hrs full sun, early morning shade and afternoon shade. I'm sure will try this method with my armeniacum.
BaoDai

Thanks!!!
What about natural humidity, watering schedule?? Jean

rice hulls?! we have and use bales of that at work because nobody else wants to use it.... (other greenhouses) maybe I can try some of this. one problem with those rice hulls in a media (mixed with ground peat moss) is that it seems heavy and sopping wet, and then it dries out all at once and gets hard to re-wet. but, in this kind of setting i'm sure it's very different

Now I have a project! I have a bale of coco-peat and am close enough to the Sacramento delta to maybe get some rice hulls from an organic grower... I just read today in The Paph. Grower's Manual that rice hulls tend to compact if you don't mix them with looser media and that even though they last quite a long time that they suddenly don't at some point... Still, it should be a free substance!

Latest posts

Back