Belina 08

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
The first open flower on my Phal belina this year. Last year it started 7 spikes, but some never produced viable blooms, and 1/2 the buds blasted. This year it has 2 spikes, and the buds are pretty big. This flower is a bit over 5cm. Smells wonderful. The plant is mounted, and always presents the flowers over the top of the leaves (which grow downward from the mount).

nice flower! the bellina seedlings I've acquired recently the flowers seem to be reflexed backwards. I found recently a pic of a very nice phal bellina I had as a new grower that was really nice, though killed by a shading mishap

The first open flower on my Phal belina this year. Last year it started 7 spikes, but some never produced viable blooms, and 1/2 the buds blasted. This year it has 2 spikes, and the buds are pretty big. This flower is a bit over 5cm. Smells wonderful. The plant is mounted, and always presents the flowers over the top of the leaves (which grow downward from the mount).

Very nice bellina! One of my favorite phal species. I have several in bloom now in the greenhouse ,and the smell in there at mid-day is wonderful! Nice job growing that one!! :clap:

Dave

That's what it says, bellina alba. I potted it in a sphag, bark, charcoal, chc, diatomite, leca mix in a clay pot sideways, which seems to be en-vogue now! I'm worried about the temps as it's so cool now in NYC. There was also a Paph vietnamense alba but was too rich for my wallet right now! BTW Marco, what happened to our other stuff? :ninja:

Latest posts

Back