armeniacum '24 carat' x 'Golden Globe'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicago Chad

Reaction score
another first blooming plant.
this one is from Fred Clarke
I can get the measurements later when I am home but for once it was one worth busting out the measuring tape. :D very compact

tqJAw2.jpg

quWwAk.jpg

ktCvxL.jpg

I love small plant with a large flower!
and I love yellow. :)

How long have you had the seedlings and what's your winter condition like?

I bought this one as a small seedling in sept 2012. It now has 4 growths all with tight stolons. It's still in a 5cm pot.

I use more aggregates in the mix. I water heavy and sometimes soak it for a bit. I try to water again the day before I think it will dry out. Maybe every 4 days.

Culture is the same all year on my end. Temps are 50F to 64F in winter and 70F to 80F in summer. It varies between those extremes most of the time.

Eric I think the plant is very hardy and robust compared to most clones. Far easier for me than sangii or violascens. Parvis are just easier for my type of growing and conditions. I also think my lights are too bright for some sections.

Flower today is 8.8cm x 8.6cm
Inflorescence is 8cm
Leaf span is 14.5cm
Petal height is 4.6cm

That's nearly idea for winter.
I can't go down to 50F ever in my apartment. Too cold for me. lol

Thanks for sharing the info. I think when people say easy or not easy without giving the information on their conditions or culture, it does not mean anything.
What's considered easy is not so easy for others, and without the detailed info, it's just nothing.
I also find parvis easy with the conditions I can provide, but I'm staying away from straight species of micranthum and armeniacum because I cannot give them the winter temperature they require to thrive. The good thing is I'm not that into those two and there are many hybrids that are very similar or better (of course my personal taste) in appearance. Thank goodness! :)

I have a whole bunch of hybrids involving armeniacum. :)

By the way, are they all robust or this first flowering one happens to be very strong?
4 growths in that time frame seems pretty good depending on how small it was back in 2012.

Oh, and last, what do you mean by aggregate?
What do you use? small stone chips??

Latest posts

Back