Appreciate joining the Slippertalk Forum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_B.

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing and learning more about slipper orchids. I've had a mixed collection of genera over the years with a few paphs here and there, but now finding them more interesting, a little less fussy and flowers last longer than many other types. Still like my encyclias! But Paphs are finding their way more and more into my collection. I grow mostly under lights in an Orchidarium and overflow onto available windowsills.

Here are a couple paphs currently in bloom/bud: Paph. Asteroid and Paph. gratrixianum. Hopefully I can figure out the pic upload mechanism.

Happy New Year!

Mike Bechtold

Attachments

• Paph Asteroids group1.jpg
    Paph Asteroids group1.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Paph. gratrixianum1.jpg
    Paph. gratrixianum1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 36
Welcome from Sweden and run away while you can! Seriously, the Paphs will take over your collection if you hang around here too much, I'm not kidding. There are a bunch of professional Paph enablers here and they can make any Paph look good with gorgeous photos... You have been warned.

:D

Nice. The way to load photos that is preferred is to put them on a photo sharing site like photobucket and then paste the links here, uses less bandwidth. Thanks and welcome from NYC.

Welcome from Beantown. Nice paph asteroid. My guess is after joining here and if you were to fast forward a year, you will have many more paphs and phrag's than you do now! As NYEric said, if you first upload photos to photobucket and then follow the excellent directions posted on this forum, you'll pick it up quickly.

Welcome from KY, Mike. You'll like it here. I love the tag line from Eric Hanson's book that the only people crazier than Paph. people are
dog show people. I whole heartedly agree. Ain't it grand?????

Welcome from KY, Mike. You'll like it here. I love the tag line from Eric Hanson's book that the only people crazier than Paph. people are
dog show people. I whole heartedly agree. Ain't it grand?????

Welcome Mike.

Oh boy, I'm in trouble. I'm a Paph. person AND a dog show person!

Thank you all for a warm welcome and warning about the potential pitfalls I may be in for. After growing for 19 years I've entered a phase where I'm not "smitten" by every pretty flower that comes along. I know that to grow well, you have to dedicate sufficient space and resources or you end up with a lot of plants that are half-assed versus a few that are well grown. So I'm still working on that balance along with having "something" in flower year-round otherwise the all look like a bunch of ugly green sticks for part of the year.... LOL Paphs may very well fill that gap....

Thanks and hope all the best for you all in the New Year.

Mike

Latest posts

Back