Another Variegated Paph Seedling

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phred

Reaction score
4EFF36E0-3119-4ADE-BDDD-F2B976E28283.jpeg AE8207A0-D6CE-4BE1-884C-6DF280C1340E.jpeg I've got another one of my Paph crosses that produced a variegated seedling. This one is more streaked so far. The cross is (Memoria Matthew P. Dewitt x delenatii). Deflasked March 2018 and potted up May 2019.

It resembles an insigne or helenae, I think it is mislabeled, who knows....delenatii is defenitely not dominant

A4AB3F19-40CF-4C90-B177-8D07DF292043.jpeg
It resembles an insigne or helenae, I think it is mislabeled, who knows....delenatii is defenitely not dominant
Lol... I’m the breeder so I can assure you it’s not mislabeled. Here’s a flat of the cross after potting up from the compot. Notice the magnified seedling in question amongst the rest which do show similarities to the delenatii pollen parent

Well, they all look like parvi cross to me. :)
By the way, quite a few of my seedlings of delenatii x maudiae type hybrid are also heavily variegated.
I also have one Gloria Naugle with the same (but with less intensity) variegation.

At least you made the cross so there is no disputing that the first plant you posted is 50% delenatii

Last edited:
Well, they all look like parvi cross to me. :)
By the way, quite a few of my seedlings of delenatii x maudiae type hybrid are also heavily variegated.
I also have one Gloria Naugle with the same (but with less intensity) variegation.
Have flowered a delenatii x Maudiae (type) cross? I’ve been looking for a picture to see what they might look like.

Have flowered a delenatii x Maudiae (type) cross? I’ve been looking for a picture to see what they might look like.
Correction***
Have you flowered a delenatii x Maudiae (type) cross? Does anyone have a flower picture of this type of cross?

No, mine are all seedlings that came out of flask earlier this spring. You can easily find a few examples of a similar cross online.
Delenatii x callosum or something similar results in soft pink flowers that look similar to Deperle. Not exactly my kind of flower, but I did use very dark vini maudiae (it is not exactly maudiae but the name is rather long) as a parent and the delenatii parent had pretty dark lip color, so I was hoping for darker than typical outcome. However, I really like leaves on parvi x maudiae or brachy x maudiae. So I would be happy with the leaves if any of my seedlings turn out the way I expect. Too early to tell at the moment because they pretty much look like maudiae leaves still. Very few shows very dark underside already. :)

90K???? People are mad...
Leslie, how would a variegated Paph be rated by judges? Is it a bonus or a no go like split synsepals?

Latest posts

Back