Another Charlesworthii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

This flower is real late (usually September up here), so maybe your flowers aren't too early.

No as David said, March April is the usual charlesworthii time..which would correspond with your September October. But mid summer is very curious. Half the plant is just getting going with the new growth and the other half seems to be getting ready for bed:rollhappy:

Its a bit of a pain when its over 40 with 15% humidity ( I heard Adelaide had only 3% the other day!!!!.) But its good to finally get some consistent heat.

We get little humidity here as well. It is often below 10%, even below 5%. That is why I have a fogger. It is beautiful and humid in the glasshouse(>65%) and not too hot (31oC max for a short period but mostly below 30oC). That is despite temps at or close to 40oC for the last 4 days.

It is unbelievably hot at the moment isn't it. An incredible run with a lot more hot weather to come over the next week. Fortunately I don't have to worry about my glasshouse assuming the power holds.

One of my charles bloomed in oct/nov! As I repotted it in nov, it fell into diff. parts! Now the biggest division is in spike again! Jean

Latest posts

Back