Another Charlesworthii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Well even though we've seen many excellent charlesworthii this season, I'm sticking in one more (because of the wait!).

This is a first blooming seedling from a selfing I did in Sept 2004. I've since lost the mother plant (shrinking plant syndrome) years ago, but got seedlings back from TM in fall 2006. I lost all but 2 (I might have sold or traded a few). The last 2 went into baskets in summer 2011 which by then I was feeding low K too.

This one went nuts and is now up to 8 growths and its first bloom!! It's not fully open, but after 6 years I can't wait anymore:eek:
charlesworthiipoldate2004OOF2006fB2012.jpg

That is real nice Rick. Beautiful healthy plant too. Something is obviously working.

My charlie is in bud too. But more exciting than that is that it has put out a 2nd new lead. I have been growing it for the best part of 10 years and flowered it quite a few times but have never been able to get more than one new lead. Effectively the plant has now doubled in size.

I dont really like non-album charles :drool:

Eric, the first step in the recovery process is to admit you have a problem. :poke:

That is real nice Rick. Beautiful healthy plant too. Something is obviously working.

My charlie is in bud too. But more exciting than that is that it has put out a 2nd new lead. I have been growing it for the best part of 10 years and flowered it quite a few times but have never been able to get more than one new lead. Effectively the plant has now doubled in size.

Eric, the first step in the recovery process is to admit you have a problem. :poke:

Rick...Nice Charlie!
David...Mine too! It seems a bit early no?
Eric....What-the?

Yes, real early Mick. It normally flowers in late March-early April for me. It still has a way to go but I'd say it will be in flower in Feb some time. Especially if this heat continues.

Its a bit of a pain when its over 40 with 15% humidity ( I heard Adelaide had only 3% the other day!!!!.) But its good to finally get some consistent heat.

Latest posts

Back